Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tim Gettys says this game will put up a good fight against Zelda, which is surprising to hear cause he’s been way more hype for Rebirth until now

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Super hard trying to avoid all this footage and gameplay breakdowns.

I'm still going in relatively fresh so what's common knowledge to most is still gonna be somewhat of a surprise to me.

Only wish I could have went in totally blind, game would probably be a 12/10 off the rip

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tim Gettys says this game will put up a good fight against Zelda, which is surprising to hear cause he’s been way more hype for Rebirth until now

I haven't watched the gamecast above yet but he sounded pretty pessimistic about the idea of it being as good as Zelda on the KFGD.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I haven't watched the gamecast above yet but he sounded pretty pessimistic about the idea of it being as good as Zelda on the KFGD.

He says for him, personally. Not in general.

I think he was just holding back on KFGD. You don’t wanna gas it too much with Zelda having just dropped a little over a week ago and emotions still high

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do these previewers play a demo for that long and then have to restart it all over for reviews? I feel like I'd get annoyed having to keep doing that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Do these previewers play a demo for that long and then have to restart it all over for reviews? I feel like I'd get annoyed having to keep doing that.

Yeah, they have to start over. Tim from KF said, usually he’s annoyed to have to do that but this time around he’s glad to start over from the beginning again

He also said it’s very exposition heavy in the beginning so theres a lot of names and lore that went over his head the first time.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, they have to start over. Tim from KF said, usually he’s annoyed to have to do that but this time around he’s glad to start over from the beginning again

He also said it’s very exposition heavy in the beginning so theres a lot of names and lore that went over his head the first time.
I wouldn't want to play games like that. I'd rather play a demo of a game rather than preview like the first 6 hours and then have to go back and restart.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wouldn't want to play games like that. I'd rather play a demo of a game rather than preview like the first 6 hours and then have to go back and restart.

Neither would I, but thats what they get paid for :yeshrug:

If i see a demo of a game announced and it doesn’t have progress carry over to the full game I won’t even bother