Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did you not see the giant colorful kaiju fights? :heh:
The overall color palette and theme is still a bit muted due to the theme chosen for the game. It's a deliberate art style but I'm not really a fan of those e.g. Gears 1/2, Killzone 2 etc. I like the Steampunk settings and the mishmash setting found in IX.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So is there not gonna be a team in this one like all the other FF main games? Cause if not I'm coo on this game. With no team, this just looks like another Souls game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
a lot of new info out

――By the way, what is the current development status?

Takai : About 95%.

--It's almost finished!

TakaiThat 's right. The current situation is that we play through the game day by day, tweak the rough parts, and brush up the parts that have flaws in performance or drawing. The rest is bugfixing.

Yoshida Anyway, the scale of the game is large, so debugging takes a lot of time. Almost all programmers are fiddling with code to fix bugs.

TakaiThere is a notice that it is forbidden to add code because new bugs will appear (laughs).

――I'm curious about the release date because it's nearing completion. At the moment it's set to be "Summer 2023", but when do you think you'll find out the specific release date?

Yoshida : We plan to release the information again later this year, so I think we can say it at that time. I don't think it's going to be over the summer, so I think it's okay (laughs).

I've been used to the development environment for online games for the past few years, so I was a little surprised that I had to master it so quickly (bitter smile). If you think about producing physical discs, shipping them all over the world, and so on, it takes several months of physical time after mastering up. When I say that the development status is 90% and 50%, I think there will be voices saying "Please release it immediately", but there are such circumstances ....

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
a lot of new info out

This game is going to be legendary I can just feel it, so far I have loved everything I have seen so far. Ideally I would have liked a more permanent fixed party.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Still day 1 but yeah that's a very whack answer.

Should just be honest and say we can't have too many black people or it hurts sales and we don't know how to properly represent black people

This is why people should support Forspoken, even with the cringy comments, its the only AAA action game we’re gonna get starring a black woman anytime soon and its from square enix.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I 'm gonna be honest.

I think its kinda silly to ask a Japanese company, that's made games about medieval fantasy lands for the past 30 years to be "more diverse". The same game series that made a character like Barret actually multi-dimensional. The only character worth a damn in FF 13 besides Fang was a black guy.

I honestly would rather SE just bring in a bunch of black writers and artists and give them the tools to make their own world if we keeping it triple-A. Or even have a indie dev. Japan ain't got the same colonial history as European nations or even America...their relationship to diversity is totally different.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
shannon-sharpe-shay.gif

Not about to get me again with this

:mjlol: