Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
cant stop Zantetsuken in time smfh

EDIT: got it, u just gotta mash square and use every special. fukk taking damage, use everything

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Beat Hugo's ass.

Fun boss fight :leon: although it was a little hard to keep track of what was going on by the end though.

I'm a little salty that his bytch ass survived though, considering how much the game generally likes to kill people off. I guess he's probably going to show up later in the game with metal hands or something.

Also I'm pretty worried Jill is going to be killed off soon, I hope I'm wrong but the death flags are blaring

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Just beat the game. Haven't played all of em but is this top 3 Final Fantasy? I can't remember liking a protagonist this much of the games I've played in the series.

The game is full of great characters. Cid dies like 30% of the way into the game and is still memorable at the end. Clive's VA better win everything. When he gets in his feelings like every FF main character you understand it, and he only reserves that anger for appropriate story moments. Joshua could've been an annoying character if written and acted in any other way than he was, I thought they nailed that. RIP. It ended sad but it was an ending that made sense to me given how grim that world is. Overall best fight was Bahamut. That Garuda fight really set the table though.

I've got my complaints about most of the side quests but the things that have to be done well with this game are all excellent. I'll have to think about which game I enjoyed more between this and RE4R.

Story, gameplay, characters, voice acting, boss fights were all top tier.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
My hot take: This game and Ragnarok are about the same rating for me if this isn’t a bit higher. The fact that they are so separated on mc is due to expectations of the franchise with the media.

For every criticism this game has gotten it can be applied to Ragnarok as well. I think the one thing i would give Ragnarok over it is the fact that they included higher difficulty from the start.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
My hot take: This game and Ragnarok are about the same rating for me if this isn’t a bit higher. The fact that they are so separated on mc is due to expectations of the franchise with the media.

For every criticism this game has gotten it can be applied to Ragnarok as well. I think the one thing i would give Ragnarok over it is the fact that they included higher difficulty from the start.
Nah bro

Ragnarok is much deeper and much better pacing
Not to mention, party members that actually matter to the gameplay
Custom builds …

What Fantasy does have over Ragnarok is the spectacle and epic aspect. I think I like this story a bit more too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Ragnarok is much deeper and much better pacing
Not to mention, party members that actually matter to the gameplay

The number one complaint I’ve seen about Ragnarok is its pacing issues though. I think both games suffer from too many highs and lows. People said they don’t even want to replay Ragnarok because of Ironwood section, and thats not the only slower section of the game. I can’t think of any section of FFXVI where you go that long without combat or key story information.

The entire first third of Ragnarok is honestly pretty slow. After the epic intro of the bear, thor, freya chase sequence. Just like FFXVI with the Phoenix Gate, then it gets slow right after.

And Torgal has about as much usefulness in combat as Atreus/Freya.