Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally finished. Liked the ending personally but didn't like the last five hours of the plot due to the whole consciousness/will bullshyt and the two shytty antagonists.

All in all it's an objective 9/10 but I like it like a 10/10. Final Fantasy is like that though. Would say objectively this is a top 5 FF, maybeeeeeee higher but I need to play some of the older ones first. Probably going to be GOTY and my second favourite FF after 8 (fukk you @Gizmo Duck). Unforgettable if flawed in a lot of ways.

Hopefully we get some story DLC, even if it is just some new side quests.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hmmm just saw the after scene credits - is that
book written by Joshua or Clive? The latter being a writer is somewhat foreshadowed in the game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Hmmm just saw the after scene credits - is that
book written by Joshua or Clive? The latter being a writer is somewhat foreshadowed in the game.

thats seems to be the raging debate right now

4 scenarios

• Clive lived and took his brothers name as his pen name, Unc kind of alludes that Clive should take up writing again when its all over
  • Joshua lives and Clive dies
  • It was all just made up by a guy named Joshua Rosfield
  • Jill was pregnant and has a son and names him Joshua (least likely)

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Last night I made it to -

Cid's death and the random five year timeskip. Kind of came out of nowhere :dahell:

Granted, it's Cid so he was going to die, but I didn't expect it to happen that soon. And I guess Cilve is the new Cid.

The boss fight was cool, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm confused on what just happened storywise aside from Cid dying, hopefully they actually explain it soon. Was the guy in the cloak his dead brother (that he supposedly killed by mistake) but older? :dahell:

I'm also really hoping the sidequests get better. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned you should do them but so far all I've gotten is random materials.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last night I made it to -

Cid's death and the random five year timeskip. Kind of came out of nowhere :dahell:

Granted, it's Cid so he was going to die, but I didn't expect it to happen that soon. And I guess Cilve is the new Cid.

The boss fight was cool, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm confused on what just happened storywise aside from Cid dying, hopefully they actually explain it soon. Was the guy in the cloak his dead brother (that he supposedly killed by mistake) but older? :dahell:

I'm also really hoping the sidequests get better. Someone earlier in this thread mentioned you should do them but so far all I've gotten is random materials.

The side quests are about world building, you don't get much in the way of rewards.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I thought you had to spend points for each renown unlock and lose the points. :dead:

I woulda upgraded even earlier. Did it by accident last night and was about to get mad...didn't know it unlocks the reward each level and you don't "lose" the points. :dead:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
legit got a damn toddler sitting on the throne :laff:

swinging his legs back and forth. Nah, this disrespectful :mjlol:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Anabella legit hasnt spoken for more than 60 seconds since the beginning act of the game, and i hate her so much

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Man once you get the Titan arms this may as well be a different game
We in there giving raw hands now :demonic:

The deeper I get into it the more I wish this gameplay was attached to a new IP they could build out into it's own series

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
F0e-d8EXsAAHh-y

F0e-f8YWAAElb81

F0e-kyHWcAApxWU