Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Ifrit was a pushover :pachaha: I thought this dude was gonna be hard but he's really just big

Pause :dame:
camron-mase.gif

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm enjoying the story loving the production values but God damn waves of enemies shyt is getting annoying. It's such shytty level design. Clives a dope protagonist

Oh yeah and it's way too easy i haven't died once difficulty seems non existent
Yeah it’s definitely too easy. I don’t upgrade or craft gear and I didn’t die one. I just use whatever the game gives me and upgrade skills. That seemed to be enough to breeze through the game.

The only time I got close to dying was I ran into a high ranked mark one time and didn’t have potions. Still managed to beat it by spamming dodge

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm seeing people say the Final Fantasy Mode that you unlock after beating the game is really where the challenge is. I dislike this sort of thing. Not everyone is willing to restart a game with new enemies/challenge that feels like what the game should've been like first go round. It's like Mario Odyssey where the main game is very easy and then after the main game you get a real challenge.

On another note, the motion blur setting at 3 makes the game look better with less ghosting.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm seeing people say the Final Fantasy Mode that you unlock after beating the game is really where the challenge is. I dislike this sort of thing. Not everyone is willing to restart a game with new enemies/challenge that feels like what the game should've been like first go round. It's like Mario Odyssey where the main game is very easy and then after the main game you get a real challenge.

On another note, the motion blur setting at 3 makes the game look better with less ghosting.

FF Mode isn’t that hard

Enemies are more aggressive and sponge-y and theres higher level stuff introduced sooner but you’re already OP.

A standard Hard mode should have been this with less sponge, and higher damage.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, I don't know why these idiotic, inconsiderate devs be thinking by not just allowing difficulty settings available from jump.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I said it in the demo thread but this might just be Square's best character work to date.
Which is saying something because FFVIIR was PHENOMENAL man.
Now?
Whew!
The cutscenes in this game damn near indistinguishable from the CG vids.
And the CG stuff is very, very high resolution (no macroblocking at all!)
So the transitions from Real time to CG are very hard to see.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What’s the purpose of magic(triangle) in this game? Unless I’m using it wrong I feel like it does no damage

Is there a way to make it more useful?