Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m a little more than half way through the game, and I love taking my time with it.

I wanna ask though before I forget.

Do y'all think they going back to the future for the environment for the next game, and do y’all think they’ll keep it rated M?

Could go either way. Depends on who’s making it. I don’t think the M rating matters for sales and I think the story is better off for it

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Could go either way. Depends on who’s making it. I don’t think the M rating matters for sales and I think the story is better off for it
Breh I’m hyped either way. I always was a fan of FF, but hate turn-based.

Now I got something to look forward to from them.

15 and this released so far apart from each other. I hope they can release the future games closer to each other.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Man the budget dissonance in the game mind blowing. :pachaha:

One minute you get in game cutscenes with PS3 era static animations and then you get to the Titan boss (which I’m %100 positive Platinum Games designed) and it’s a whole other generation.:mindblown:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh I’m hyped either way. I always was a fan of FF, but hate turn-based.

Now I got something to look forward to from them.

15 and this released so far apart from each other. I hope they can release the future games closer to each other.

I guess we got the remakes at least least to fill in the gaps.

I do wonder who will do XVII since CBU1 is doing the remakes and luminous is dead

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
update out:

July 6th, 2023
We announced the release of update 1.03, which makes a number of improvements to the game.
This update fixes some issues and adds some new functionality.
We recommend that you install this update before playing FINAL FANTASY XVI.

This update:

-Adds the following items to the System tab of the Main Menu:
Motion Blur Strength
Allows the player to adjust the strength of the motion blur effect when the character or camera is in motion. The default setting is the maximum of 5. This can be lowered to reduce the strength of the motion blur effect, or set to 0 to turn it off completely.
Player Follow (Movement)
Player Follow (Attack)
Turning these settings off prevents the camera from automatically following the player while moving and attacking respectively.
-Changes the maximum setting of the Camera Sensitivity (Horizontal) and Camera Sensitivity (Vertical) items from 10 to 20.
-Adds three new controller layouts: types D, E, and F.
-Corrects an issue that affected the stability of some menus.
-Corrects some text issues.
-Adds the hashtag #FF16 when sharing screenshots or video clips on Twitter or YouTube.

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Ifrit was a pushover :pachaha: I thought this dude was gonna be hard but he's really just big

Pause :dame:

Getting kind of tired of chasing around this hooded nikka though

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man the budget dissonance in the game mind blowing. :pachaha:

One minute you get in game cutscenes with PS3 era static animations and then you get to the Titan boss (which I’m %100 positive Platinum Games designed) and it’s a whole other generation.:mindblown:
yeah that part throws me, it shifts back and forth from iOS bullshyt quality to next gen constantly

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yeah that part throws me, it shifts back and forth from iOS bullshyt quality to next gen constantly

Probably just the type of compromise they have to make it keep cost from skyrocketing. It would have been nice if Ragnarok had bigger set pieces

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got the 5th Eikons power. Beat the boss Bahamut fight.

:mjlol: This is some DBZ mixed with Naruto Shippuden fight shyt

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably just the type of compromise they have to make it keep cost from skyrocketing. It would have been nice if Ragnarok had bigger set pieces
You’re probably right. It’s just so noticeable after some amazing cut scene then you go back to the hideaway and see this stiff shyt….

how-is-this-graphics-bad-heres-the-pics-taken-in-high-v0-e27iwxq55fua1.jpg

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hey coli brehs. I'm not sure if you guys care but if you buy a round for the hall for a drink 4 times at the Tub & Crown in The Hideaway so you get the unlock /hidden trophy. I know it's 10,000 Gil but for those looking to cheap out on their fellow bearers, you can create a save file, spend your Gil, and load back to before you made your purchases so you won't waste your Gil

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I only got three trophies left until plat but i still gotta finish the game in final fantasy mode to get it. Might wait to see if they offer some quality of life updates before to keep going. Past the titan fight in new game plus already