Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Ok I remember who Martelle is. I had to google her real quick and then she later popped up in the lore.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@Illuminatos ending questions:

- Game was padded with wayyyyyyy too many filler main quests disguised as side quests. What was the point in me searching for a girl that works in a brothel that ended up being dead anyway?:dahell:

• I agree. Some of the main quest felt like sidequest and some of the late game sidequest felt like they should have been main quest. I really did not care much about any of the small town squabbles at all.

- I really like the story overall but there’s some plotlines that I think they dropped the ball with.

• Yeah
- Who the hell sent that box to Hugo With Benedikta’s head?

• Ultima, in order to get Hugo to attack CID/Clive, so Clive would ultimately kill him
- Wish they would have went into detail about how the hell Joshua survived. :dahell: They briefly mentioned how that girl found him I think but that’s it?:dahell:

• I chalk it up to him being the phoenix, makes him harder to kill :yeshrug:
- Idk if I mentioned it here or on Reddit but they completely dropped the ball with Benedikta‘s story. :camby: I can’t believe they didn’t do anything with the Hugo-Benedikta relationship outside of that scene from the demo.:mindblown: I don’t understand. Was she in a fake relationship with him or did she really like him?:what:

• Yeah, she was far more interesting than Odin/Barnabas, they could have given her more story. I’m not gonna rage out like they doing on Era though calling it misogynistic lol
Also, i think she was just using Hugo and Barnabas. She gets mad at Cid for judging her, and refers to her “talents” which could be interpreted as her dominant and her femininity. She was just fukking them. Its implied she was in love with Cid and vice versa
-The hell were they thinking not putting a sprint button in here?:dahell:

• Yeah, would have made the hideout and towns so much more tolerable to travel around in
- Did they ever explain why there’s a second Eikon of Fire and why he took over and killed the Phoenix at the start?

• Yeah, that was Ultima’s entire scheme. Clive is basically ‘gifted’ the form of Ifrit from Ultima as the vessel thats supposed to be consumed by him. All of Ultima’s race pretty much use an Ifrit as their corporal bodies, thats why they had so many in the Origin location and why Ultima himself uses one.
- Who or what is Olivier? Was he a real person? That shyt left me confused.:dahell::mjlol:

• He was an actual human child of Annabella and the King, that was taken over by Ultima. Dion killed him, and the actual kid died with him.

• - Joshua, Cid and Clive are my favorite characters in this. I loved seeing Clive and Joshua reunite.:banderas:
  • How you gonna leave out the day one, Gav? :ufdup:
- Jill was so useless it was actually shocking.:laff: She was either on the sidelines being a cheerleader or jobbing to someone.:dead:

• Yeah, she was boring but it was cool to have an actual adult relationship in the game. Cloud acts like he hates girls
-The soundtrack in this is amazing. :blessed:

:wow:

Some improvements i would have made is to cut out some of that in-between main quest stuff and replace it with more main character quest.

Add more secrets, like dungeons, more closed off areas/caves you can find..

Alternate costumes and wearable accessories. Just like spider-man, tsushima, the Witcher, etc. you can ahve your main character wear different clothes in the game, it isn’t going to interfere with the marketing. It would make exploration more fun if you could find cosmetic stuff. Imagine if you could wear cloud or squalls outfit? His bearer armor, or teenage Clive shield outfit.

When you only control one character throughout a game i think it’s important to give us some player expression in how they look.

Honestly thats probably it for me as far as the big stuff goes

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Is anyone buying music? I really don’t need the gil, but these prices are wild. I’m doing all these side quests and hunts and still don’t have enough to buy them all.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Sooooooo. I started a few days ago. Not very far but
Just finished off Benedikta and Garuda
That was fukking INCREEEEEEEEDIBLE. Combat really starting to click for me. Perfect blend of action and cinematic mayhem.

Gonna need Clive to stop being a bytch nikka cause right where I left off he was crying and moping in the jail cell. But that whole segment before was some anime shyt for real for real.

Can’t wait to keep going. Honestly so surprised with how much I’m enjoying the combat.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Uh FF15 is just a straight up terrible game.
I like them both, both games are going to rank lower on my FF tier list. 16 may edge out 15 though. But sometimes I get irritated with the lack of FF gameplay mechanics in the game, especially when the game slows down the pace of action

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Its nice to see a JRPG where characters actually have an literal adult relationship throughout the game.

I hate how a lot of rpgs treat romance, japanese go out of their way not to ever show it and western rpgs were riding off the mass effect sex scenes for over a decade.

This is one of the main things this game has going where its like FF finally matured in terms of writing

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm torn on what the best fight has been so far....between Titan/Hugo and Bahamut/ :dame:

Both of these shyts were fukkin INCREDIBLE. My wigga Josh :wow:

Again, whoever came up with the idea of fighting WITH and against the Summons was a fukkin genius :banderas:

fukk dat bytch...that is all

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only thing so far I don't quite like is the crafting/weapon system seems pointless. I haven't bought or did anything with my main weapon for hours. It's like everytime I check a merchant my equipped weapon is still stronger than everything else and no accessories really matter yet. I've yet to even really think about the equipment I'm using. I would've liked if there were multiple weapons and a more expanded status ailment system.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only thing so far I don't quite like is the crafting/weapon system seems pointless. I haven't bought or did anything with my main weapon for hours. It's like everytime I check a merchant my equipped weapon is still stronger than everything else and no accessories really matter yet. I've yet to even really think about the equipment I'm using. I would've liked if there were multiple weapons and a more expanded status ailment system.

Based on a quick google search im about 75% done with the game and I've never bought a weapon or gear from the store. I've crafted a weapon ONCE, and crafted gear ONCE. They really made gear an afterthought in this game. Sometimes I forget about it for hours.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Is anyone buying music? I really don’t need the gil, but these prices are wild. I’m doing all these side quests and hunts and still don’t have enough to buy them all.

I currently have like 200K and i'm only 55% through the game

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Based on a quick google search im about 75% done with the game and I've never bought a weapon or gear from the store. I've crafted a weapon ONCE, and crafted gear ONCE. They really made gear an afterthought in this game. Sometimes I forget about it for hours.
Yeah that's the one thing I don't like about the game. Hell, God of War felt like the gear and crafting system was deeper.