Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
Yeah that's the one thing I don't like about the game. Hell, God of War felt like the gear and crafting system was deeper.

It WAS :heh:

Disappointing things like this keep it from being a 10/10 for me but it's still fun.

Fastlyfe

Pro
Daps
Just beat it. Great game but fell short on some of the systems that I would expect from a Final Fantasy game. I wish we had more options with actually building out our character with gear.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm on the "Holding On" mission where we're on the way to Eastpool, so I'm not super far in, but I'm feeling the game so far. The combat is fun and the story is aight...I'm not super invested yet but I'm curious to see what was really going on in that flashback.

My only major complaint is that the sidequests are lame so far. I've been doing them but they're basically just "go find these people" or "go kill this group of monsters". Pretty boring. And you don't get anything good, just random crafting materials. Hopefully they step up the sidequest game.

Also seems like there could be more varied items. Right now I have a lot of $$$ but there's nothing much worth buying.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I'm on the "Holding On" mission where we're on the way to Eastpool, so I'm not super far in, but I'm feeling the game so far. The combat is fun and the story is aight...I'm not super invested yet but I'm curious to see what was really going on in that flashback.

My only major complaint is that the sidequests are lame so far. I've been doing them but they're basically just "go find these people" or "go kill this group of monsters". Pretty boring. And you don't get anything good, just random crafting materials. Hopefully they step up the sidequest game.

Also seems like there could be more varied items. Right now I have a lot of $$$ but there's nothing much worth buying.
same, i have a shyt ton of money and a lot of crafting material that i just havent touched

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Quick Question about Anabella

am i supposed to know what her goals are? I just watched the scene where Dion was forced to go to battle even though he doesnt want to. And then the King asked some guy about Dion and the dude said "treachery looms over Dion." Meanwhile Anabella is there petting that little ass kid with her shyt-eating grin. Like what is her relationship with that child? Is he the new "Joshua" to her? is she grooming that kid to be the next Dion since it looks like Dion is gonna get killed?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Quick Question about Anabella

am i supposed to know what her goals are? I just watched the scene where Dion was forced to go to battle even though he doesnt want to. And then the King asked some guy about Dion and the dude said "treachery looms over Dion." Meanwhile Anabella is there petting that little ass kid with her shyt-eating grin. Like what is her relationship with that child? Is he the new "Joshua" to her? is she grooming that kid to be the next Dion since it looks like Dion is gonna get killed?

:yes::smh:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Just beat the game. This was a 8/10.

The best things about this game was the production values and story.

The actual gameplay of this game was lacking in various ways. This game was literally a single player action game version of a FF14 expansion.

• no status ailments in combat
  • no elemental damage in combat
  • no super bosses / omega weapon
  • no special dungeons
  • no airship
  • no exploration
  • no party system
  • no replay value
  • no skill / easy combat
  • no reason for the crafting system
  • no end game content

Last edited:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I’m a little more than half way through the game, and I love taking my time with it.

I wanna ask though before I forget.

Do y'all think they going back to the future for the environment for the next game, and do y’all think they’ll keep it rated M?