Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Ironically half the time i get to make custom character i usually go with female lol
Yeah, I get that. I'm not one of those folks that feel like I'm living vicariously through the character I'm playing. So yeah, if how the character model looks is going to be a thing for me, then I'd prefer a woman, lol!

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
is Clive the best looking FF main character? :dame:

Fztdy9YaAAQuTRk
Pause
i dunno about that, but i noticed he low key looks like anime tom cruise
4bc9177d3fd1c57bcce84764dc7788e0.jpg

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Beat it yesterday. Other than pacing issues at the halfway mark, I actually ended up enjoying the full game. It's not touching VI-X, but it's on par with XII and clears XIII and XV easily. Clive is probably the best protagonist we've gotten in a FF in a while.

Also, The combat on default difficulty is fun, but easy and a bit shallow. Final Fantasy/Hard difficulty is where the combat gets more enthralling. I suggest you guys try it out after you finish asap.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Not really, XV sold a lot more than FFXVI on PS consoles only. 'Really well' is too strong - it did decent.

There were way more people that had PS4s in 2016 than people owning PS5s in 2023. Especially since there were PS5 shortages for the longest time until recently. By the time XV dropped in November 2016 - early 2017, approximately 53 million PS4s were sold globally. As of April this year, 38 million PS5s have been sold.

Given those numbers? XVI doing 3 million in six days is absolutely good news. And also, remember that XV despite being extremely successful, wasn't the most well-received among the fanbase (for multiple reasons). So there's also a LOT of hesitation on the consumer's part as well going into XVI.

All in all, I'm just glad that people are loving the game and feel like it's a proper return to form after how many years. 7R delivered (my opinion), but there's a different kind of pressure when it comes to creating the next mainline game from scratch. People wanted to see if Final Fantasy could become compelling, fun and a full experience again, and looking at the sales, reviews and excitement? I think they succeeded.

Thats the problem with FF7R’s combat, its stuck inbetween an action game and a turn based rpg, so they expect you to eat hits. Thats why i feel like you either gotta do one or the other to make it satisfying, either full action or go back to a gambit like system.

The most you can do to mitigate damage in FF7 is block and i almost never used it because whats the point?

I think they did this middle ground tactic between them combining elements of both turn-based and action combat, because they wanted to reach a much bigger audience but still keep the purists satisfied enough to not completely jump ship. For the most part, it seems like they succeeded. At least with 7R, you still have the ability to attack normally while waiting for the ATB to charge and there's still the ability to dodge some hits. People were already complaining about XVI being "Final May Cry" so I can't even imagine how hurt people would get if 7R was 100% action. I'd be with it though.

White savior activated :ohhh:

Realistically i think they just watched GoT and based him and Torgul off Jon Snow and Ghost

Apparently Yoshi P made the devs watch GoT Seasons 1-4 while preparing to make the game, so this is probably exactly what happened.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This install base argument is irrelevant - what matters is how many console users are actively buying games on the platform, not how many people on the platform. The latter has large percentages of people either not buying games or only playing casual games or not even using the platform on a regular basis.