Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I think I only did the first fight while Kupka had his hands....if that's just the prelimary. :damn:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Haven't had any issues crashing either

But Square needs to do something about their engine. It's trash.

Especially when you got Santa Monica, Guerilla's Decima, Insomniac's, etc running just fine at 1440/60 and above.

I think that's why Square's going to be using Unreal Engine for everything moving forward. Crystal Tools has been infamous in terms of how much trouble it gave them. Luminous Engine was used for FFXV and then Forspoken, and Forspoken's reception was so disappointing that they ended up moving Luminous Productions into Square Enix (before they were a subsidiary). Plus as we all know, FFXV's development was so chaotic, it's miraculous the game even came out the way it did. No point in using an engine if it's consistently been giving a whole ton of issues, especially if it's gonna end up extending dev time.

KH3 could've dropped in 2018 (or possibly even sooner) if it wasn't for them having to restart a year because of them switching over engines. FF7R's in Unreal Engine 4 and look how great it plays. I think now that they're on that wave and they've restructured the divisions internally, higher quality games should be coming out a lot more frequently.

Thats not saying much, he’s not just brooding and grunting for half the game.

I also like how he’s just flat out like “yeah, im gonna go kill them” no sugar coating like they gotta do in other FF games

What's great about Clive is that the guy has emotions that he shows openly. He's a serious guy because that's what the situation demands of him (and being a slave for 13 years is going to make anyone angry), but you see him go through a bunch of different emotions as well. And there's no "maybe we can talk it out and reason with them!" kind of talk either, everyone knows that's been off the table for a very long time. By the time we see Clive again, things have escalated well beyond the point of that being a viable option. Add in the fact that most of these people in power are greedy, malicious and actively want war, and well... :francis:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Before the final quest they hit you with a motherload of side quest. More than any point in the game. Maybe some other time. It's time to move on to something else.

Word. It's fukking weird pacing - they keep going on about how urgent it is to get to the final quest then throw a fukkload of other shyt at you :russ:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This game actually does have POC

well it has beige people of color. No one dark and no one black yet

Its def not ‘white people in turbans’ (which technically speaking thats what ME people are considered) like the trolls keep making it out to be. Its like most JRPGS where the ‘desert people’ just fall in line with ‘exotic brown’ people.

FzgfGRqXwAAiKpv

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Its def not ‘white people in turbans’ (which technically speaking thats what ME people are considered) like the trolls keep making it out to be. Its like most JRPGS where the ‘desert people’ just fall in line with ‘exotic brown’ people.

FzgfGRqXwAAiKpv
The main NPC character in this area dude looks like Aladdin.

Last edited:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, this shyt is wild.

I think they were trying to cover for not having nikkaz in this game the more you play this shyt cause :huhldup:
Yea after playing the game and realizing what bearers are treated as, honestly i feel like thats why they intentionally did that shyt

Can you imagine the uproar about if they didnt? All hell would break loose

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
This game is good and bad for all the same reasons FF14 was.

The pacing and side quests are a complete snooze at times with every side quest being a MMO style errand with a lore pay off at the end (sometimes). Same with the main scenario and how they bread crumb you with these huge story beats, but everything in between is super shallow and repetitive gameplay mixed with mundane objectives that range from fetch quests or go there for a cutscene.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Man I been having so much fun that after I beat this game I'm getting the FF7 remake. I beat the original years ago. Hope the action hits the same :wow: