Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I'm surprised how limited the photo mode is

FzW_XGRXoAEvTDn

FzW_g2PX0AApXyW

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
What is the GOAT Action RPG?

I’ve read about FF7R, GOW, Arise, FF15, and now FF16 on here, and there’s something about each game someone dislikes.

Is there one Action RPG that most can agree on being the GOAT?

I’m tryna play that.

Might be Remake

:ohhh: :ohhh:
For me it's FF7R

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So this dude is Joshua.:ohhh: I’ve heard people speculating prerelease that he was him. This is getting crazy.:ohhh:

Superstar
Daps
I like the game overall, combat and story and even the setting....but this is not a JRPG at all the lacking traditional rpg elements are glaring.......so am divided am feeling it but on another breath its somewhat irritates me with the lack of exploration(not open world madness, which is one of the reasons why 15 story suffered soo much)

we will see once i beat it.

Oh it’s a JRPG, all right, specifically because of all the invisible walls and overall lack of interactivity with the world lol.

:mjcry:
I’m kinda frustrated with not being able to run through more than ankle-deep water, jump on tables, or bump into random stuff. I won’t fault the game itself, I’m just spoiled by my current re-playing of rdr 2 and tlou 2.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
People are ruining the game for themselves cause they expect it to be one thing. Same as TLOU2 they wanted it to be Joel and Ellie on the road again and lost out on what i think is a much more original and compelling narrative
TLOU2 another piff game :blessed:, you hit the nail on the head. Me if something is good regardless of what I expected I am going to:eat:, why miss out on something because you believe it should be a certain way. Regardless this is an amazing game and Yoshi P and team should be proud. Square should let this man helm more RPG’s for them.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
It feels exactly like a Final Fantasy. I love how you have no argument to support what you are saying.

I had made another post. 'm still watching streams so I may see some of this stuff when people get to end game, my comment was just what I was feeling at the time.

That's just how I feel, it's not that serious :yeshrug:

Edit: and I'm not talking about the turn based.

- No Party member system, and just having a single player s a big one. Yes, I know they did it with LR

- Ability system doesn't seem as in depth (Material, license board, sphere grid)

To add on to my comment about the ability system, recent FF's have just been more streamlined(didn't want to use the word simplified), making the number of challenge runs people can come up with very limited. (No Sphere grid, Low level challenge, solo challenge, materia only, etc)

- No more farming rare item farming for special weapons/items (Gold chocobo, ff12 rare weapons and crafting materialFF10 ultimate weapons and crafting material

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They REALLY couldn't make a character named BERNARD black :rudy:

Hopefully in 17, they keep the combat and let you switch to a party character. I woulda LOVED to play as Cid and Jill

game does open up more open world like some of yall said early.