Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A new guy at work told me he beat Tears of the kingdom the Tuesday after launch in about 73 hour over the course of those 5 days. That’s literally 14 hours a day.
14 hour days on a video game is brutal. He didn't even have to play that game 70 hours to beat it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Brehz, i fukking love this game :mjcry:

They weren’t lying about this game being a roller coaster, it definitely has pacing issues. Theres a lot of dips but when it start building momentum again this shyt is just hitting on all cylinders. I haven’t played a game with high octane fights and set pieces like this since like GoW3.

Also, the hunts are mad fun, just cleared the whole list. They also have enough open zones to not make me miss open world. In open world games once you get to a certain point you are just quick traveling around to get to certain points anyway, i feel like im doing the same here. Not really missing much

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Spoilers 50% in so the mission Cid the Outlaw.
Joshua showed up like nothing happened and they clearly aren't going to address what happened that day, why he's still alive, why he knows so many plot details, why he won't talk to his brother, what the hell he's doing traveling around, and who that woman with him is. Clive grieved for his lil bro and come to find out he walking around like it never happened and just went about his business

Pure speculation on my part 60% in so right after the mission After The Storm
It honestly looks like everybody gonna die. Given what happened with Cid and how you come into the lightning powers and the fact that you can see in the trailer using ice powers and Jill's deteriorating curse conditions she's liiking toast. Joshua looking kinds frail and he's literally the cage for the big boss

Novembruh

Nah.
Daps
Reppin
The Bay

When adult Jill popped up feeling better and dressed in her playclothes, I literally said aloud '...and that's our Tifa for the game'

Apparently my subconscious could tell by ol girl's face and movements or something. I had no idea I was that right.

She eating good off that Square Enix Childhood Friend Character pipeline. Watch mama pop up in Forspoken II: Postspoken as Frey's middle-school transfer-student bestie who actually transfered to their middle school from Athia! :ohhh::lupe:

...I'm joking
ain't finna be no Forspoken II

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Forspoken II: Postspoken

:russ:

It really is a shame they won’t get to iterate on the forspoken mechanics though. A more linear wide open map like this with more stuff to parkour on and more focus fighting would have been dope.

And they need whoever wrote the dialogue for this game for that one. Oh well

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the game overall, combat and story and even the setting....but this is not a JRPG at all the lacking traditional rpg elements are glaring.......so am divided am feeling it but on another breath its somewhat irritates me with the lack of exploration(not open world madness, which is one of the reasons why 15 story suffered soo much)

we will see once i beat it.
It is a jrpg, just completely modernized. I feel that 16 is what they always wanted to do with Final Fantasy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The combat just gets so damn good once you really start mastering abilities and mixing and matches different eikon powers together :banderas:

For as much as WRPG’s will let you customize and control the narrative in those stories the combat is one thing it will never have over japanese games

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How lit y’all think a Black FF would be if they really tried?

:ohhh: :ohhh:
I would rather have an American studio make an rpg with black people.
Even though this is supposed to be white folks most still look and act slightly Japanese/Asian

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Having played more I kinda feel up until you unlock limit breaks it’s a tutorial. For some reason this gives me a ffx vibe because of the focus on summons and tidus/yuna compare to Clive/Jill.that and the maps/levels remind me of ffx also.

It’s like a final fantasy gow game. Graphics/music/story are undeniably 10/10 the combat is good enough. I don’t know what more you want from an arpg :yeshrug:. I’m trying to find flaws but all I can say is the party members feel kinda useless just standing there. I actually like the side quests