Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I love the dark tone of this shyt. Berserk my goat form of art ever and this is feeling like that as far as any one can get it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sofar it seems like Its AOT meets, naruto, meets, Game of Throne, meets Dragon ball z.

Hard to go wrong with that.
The combat is fire :wow:

Sadly I saw everything coming :mjcry: If I hadden seen any footage this would probably be the GOAT demo, surpassing metal gear.
My favorite part by far was
354738275_3030926803718477_2632255049559948710_n.png
I was like what a cool nod. I hope more cl***** are around to battle and interact with.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It seems to take heavily from AOT and Naurto more than anything else tbh, the artstyle and time period is the only thing as of now that really gives me GOT vibes.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
OST is going to be the best of the year as well free. Sohen is a god

STORM OF BLOOD
BORN FROM BLOOD
OF OUR FALLEN BROTHERS

:damn:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:patrice:

But they are though

Naw, they are shonen and seinin action series that have dramatic moments. The plot isn’t integral to the government, its integral to the characters. A tell tale sign that something is not a political drama is when it has clear villains, evil and good. AoT might pass a little more but there’s not actual factions fighting for and vying for power, in fact thats like a major twist of the ending of that story.

Something like Game of Thrones, The Wire, or even FFXII or Tactics don’t have central villains until maybe the very end and thats only because they are video games and require you to fight someone in the end for the latter two.

Political dramas are about how the characters in the story are affected by their government, not how the people in the story affect the world around them.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
Just finished the demo… this shyt is DAAAAARK :damn:. Game of Thrones meets Final Fantasy?? One more week to wait… Pre ordered the deluxe edition:youngsabo:
Proably not your cup of tea but play final fantasy tactics (story wise darkest final fantasy game) it takes all it's stuff from the manga berserk

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw, they are shonen and seinin action series that have dramatic moments. The plot isn’t integral to the government, its integral to the characters. A tell tale sign that something is not a political drama is when it has clear villains, evil and good. AoT might pass a little more but there’s not actual factions fighting for and vying for power, in fact thats like a major twist of the ending of that story.

Something like Game of Thrones, The Wire, or even FFXII or Tactics don’t have central villains until maybe the very end and thats only because they are video games and require you to fight someone in the end for the latter two.

Political dramas are about how the characters in the story are affected by their government, not how the people in the story affect the world around them.
Disagree. They are as much Political Drama's as GOT. While the main theme of naruto wasn't war it's like the 2nd main theme and ALWAYS present or was always in the backdrop and the reason why so many things are how they are and happen like they happen. It was war and politics and naruto trying to be hokage and save his friend.

in fact the reason clive acted like he acted is similar to why naruto did but in reverse. Clive wasn't scolded and hated on by villagers but
his mom for not being a host of the phoenix
while naruto was hated on for having the fox by everyone but the 3rd. So naurto wants to become hokage because of that and Clive wants to be a Shield.

All the neighboring villages had Jinchuriki's to protect themselves incase they were needed as well...

Itachi, sasuke the 3rd and Danzo all are in the situation they were in because of politics in the villages.

Also, this game is going to 100 percent have a clear villian and hero... Even GOT had clear villain's

Anyway political drama or action or whatever.

The game has HEAVY similarities as of now to both naruto and AOT.