Final fantasy XVI (Official Thread) ensure spoilers are wrapped in spoiler tag.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They really gonna make me play through this shyt twice back to back

In our exclusive gameplay video (see it above), Director Hiroshi Takai and Combat Director Ryota Suzuki explain how the enemies you fight will change on your second playthrough.

"On your first playthrough, you can choose between the Action Focused mode and the Story Focused mode," explains Takai. "After you beat the game in either of these modes, New Game Plus unlocks, and you can carry protagonist Clive's level, gear and abilities over to your next playthrough. New Game Plus also features a new mode, called the Final Fantasy Mode, which makes the game more challenging.
"Since you can continue your level and abilities from a previous playthrough, in Final Fantasy Mode, enemies will become stronger accordingly. The positioning of enemies is different, and in many cases the enemy type itself is entirely different as well. You might suddenly be confronted by an elite monster that wasn't there on your first playthrough."

In our video, you can see examples of how enemies change in the Greatwood stage near the beginning of the game, as well as the Inner Sanctum of Drake's Breath, a location you visit mid-game. While wolves await you on your first playthrough of the Greatwood, in New Game Plus, Minotaurs stand in your way. Fafnir, a boss you meet somewhere halfway through the stage, is now replaced by a Chimaera.
"Expect tons of surprises like that. 'But that wasn't there before!' you might say to yourself," Takai says with a chuckle.

Of course, a shuffled set of enemies is not the only way Final Fantasy XVI's New Game Plus shakes things up. You will also become able to upgrade your weapons to a higher level. While on your first playthrough weapons can only be upgraded up to three degrees, New Game Plus allows the player to upgrade weapons up to six degrees. If you upgrade a weapon to the sixth degree it will reach its maximum potential and it will change to a different item name.

In New Game Plus you can synthesize accessories as well, which according to Takai adds a whole new layer of customization.
Takai tells us that there is also a mode called Ultimaniac, which is even more difficult than Final Fantasy Mode. For players who are up to the challenge, Arcade Mode offers a leaderboard for this difficulty too.

"It's so difficult that I'm not even sure if I can beat the game on that difficulty myself," admits Takai. "But if you're a die-hard action game fan, it might be a welcome challenge."
“In New Game Plus, we’ve also made it possible to skip the first part of the game in which Clive looks back at his childhood. Of course, all cutscenes can be skipped as well, so you can really focus on the combat.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
impression of the demo: if Drakengard was less weird and had a budget, it'd be this game.:ehh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listened to it on another video (didn’t want to see gameplay) yeah…its going to be a triumphant return of my headphones for this game:wow:
Absolutely no reason they had to snap so hard on the soundtrack. Even the cutscenes bgm was fire.

Slight demo spoiler but play and scroll away.

This song right here make a nikka want to stand up and applaud while playing. 1:40 :ohlawd:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
I'm gonna keep it a buck n be honest.

I want this game to fail.

I want this ish to flop like Forspoken did, or worse. I know it won't but I want it to.

Not because I hate Sony or love Microsoft but because I'm tired of seeing Square regress.

It's 2023, all the other major Japanese publishers are mostly multiplatform and reaching greater heights because of it, yet SE is somehow stuck in 1998 mode.

Their biggest games should all be day and date on every viable platform(not Switch) and SE is the holdout and so I want them to be forcibly dragged into the present.

So I'm hoping this ish gets an 86 metacritic and sells slower than 12 did.

For their own good, and tbh to reinforce the wisdom of the other major publishers in going multiplatform.

Because if they drag us back to 1998 and its walled garden for 3P....I'm gonna scream.

Sorry not sorry.

Wearing my antimatter draws so neg away.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I still haven’t played the Eikonic Challenge yet.:lupe:

I’m stuck between wanting to play it to see the abilities and waiting for the full game to drop to experience it with the context of what happened in the story.:lupe:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I want this ish to flop like Forspoken did, or worse. I know it won't but I want it to.

Not because I hate Sony or love Microsoft but because I'm tired of seeing Square regress.

It's 2023, all the other major Japanese publishers are mostly multiplatform and reaching greater heights because of it, yet SE is somehow stuck in 1998 mode.

Their biggest games should all be day and date on every viable platform(not Switch) and SE is the holdout and so I want them to be forcibly dragged into the present.

For their own good, and tbh to reinforce the wisdom of the other major publishers in going multiplatform.

Because if they drag us back to 1998 and its walled garden for 3P....I'm gonna scream.

Sorry not sorry.

Buy a PS5 you bum.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Sorry not sorry.

Get a damn PS5 nikka.

Go flip something or do some uber eats or something :scust: