Final Fantasy X is 20 years old today

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
full

Worse art design, worse story, worse battle system, bland environments, shyt protagonist, forgettable soundtrack outside a couple of cuts.

gambit system >>>>>

open world design>>>>>

customizability>>>>>>>

mature story and characters>>>>>

Ivalice>>>>>>

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The first final fantasy to not star caucasians

E6suPgiVoBQ6IFi
So you don't see all the white ppl :wtf:
eye color doesn’t mean anything, all their features are asiatic/pacific region islander

16-rikkujoins26.jpg

m9KHIXnjg3xXlvyCqlI8MF2DVxRsvlg4av-eDJ-CI5I.jpg

tidus___la_charge.jpg

e468a7561fcaa7c1e84d449160a4d6fb3775ce9dr1-305-320_hq.gif

hqdefault.jpg
Maybe it's a Sony thing? Gotta be. We've had this debate before with Sony nikkaz trying to act like white ppl ain't white. A hint of color and they'll be like "That nikka is OLED black :wow:"

So these Pacific Islanders eh? I will admit the in game characters are slightly more Asian than the box art. You wanna mention how all the Asian features are removed there? you used it, it's white ppl. But Pacific Islanders right...

Not only does she look nothing like anybody in that game. Pacific Islanders don't even look Asian like that. I'm sure there's a few, but what I couldn't find at all was any with blonde hair on a Google search. Not one and I looked at dozens of photos. Does that matter or is it business as usual?

FIRST WITHOUT CAUCASIANS :laff:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.

Maybe it's a Sony thing? Gotta be. We've had this debate before with Sony nikkaz trying to act like white ppl ain't white. A hint of color and they'll be like "That nikka is OLED black :wow:"

So these Pacific Islanders eh? I will admit the in game characters are slightly more Asian than the box art. You wanna mention how all the Asian features are removed there? you used it, it's white ppl. But Pacific Islanders right...

Not only does she look nothing like anybody in that game. Pacific Islanders don't even look Asian like that. I'm sure there's a few, but what I couldn't find at all was any with blonde hair on a Google search. Not one and I looked at dozens of photos. Does that matter or is it business as usual?

Only Wakka was Pacific Islander.

You can make an argument that Auron could be Japanese because he was Samurai but so was Tom Cruise in well...the Last Samurai.

Lulu was definitely Caucasian as well as Rikku and Yuna.

Kimari wasnt human.

Tidus had some slightly asaian features during cut scenes but that was only for because they used inexpensive Asian actors wrapped white skins on them to upgrade the graphics in the series. Tidus only had a slight tan because he was playing Marco Polo all the time. Look at his dad.

At the end of day, just look at the menu screen art.

I love the game but let's not pretend it was racially progressive. The other ones before that was that I can think of at the top of my head is Edge from FFIv being Japanese as well as Wong being Chinese, the real translation of Cyan from FF6 being Japanese, Yuki from 7 being Japanese, and Barret being black.

I hope I'm not forgetting anyone.

Edit: Also Red XIII from 7 was clearly Native American that got the Lion King treatment

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I remember this was the first game I purchased with a PS2. I remember the hours spent chasing down summons and rare monsters.

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
I loved this game when it came out, and to this day it's the only FF game I've finished (only played some of FF7, even less of FF8, played a lot of FFXIII despite not liking it very much, and started FFXV recently).
The soundtrack is still one of the best I've ever heard. When I first got to Kimahri's homeland I sat the controller down for like 30 minutes and listened to the music. My mind was blown.
That intro :whew:
Trio of 9999 :blessed:
That ending :to::sadbron: