Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
thats a remaster...how yall still getting remakes and remasters confused in 2019 is lost on me

Exactly.

The fukk that nikka talking about :gucci:

Everyone crying for an upgrade on the OG version keeping the turnbased gameplay and just updating graphics and throw in VA should go download a pc mod and sit down.

Yeah I agree there ain't been a good FF since PS2, I don't play RPGs like that anymore and I probably won't cop another one for a minute.

But this shyt right here, there playing with massive expections so I'm confident it won't fukk up. In fact expectations might even be so low this will surprise everybody.

I ain't copped a ultimate version of no video game in my life but this is day one midnight.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I actually thought the battle system from FFX was the best. I want a FF game with that style system again instead of this semi real time action shyt they got going on. Nobody asked for FF7 to be turned into an action game.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I actually thought the battle system from FFX was the best. I want a FF game with that style system again instead of this semi real time action shyt they got going on. Nobody asked for FF7 to be turned into an action game.

There was a time I thought turn based wouldn't hold up as a style going forward but after playing Persona 5 there are ways to make it feel fresh.

The real time actions remove control from the player's hands. I'm playing through the FF12 remake Zodiac Age and the Gambit system is basically auto pilot.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
thats a remaster...how yall still getting remakes and remasters confused in 2019 is lost on me
A remaster is the same exact game in higher resolution, better texture, better fps.

A remake is built from the ground up as a new game.

The last of us for ps4 is a remaster. All those rereleased games from that generation are remasters.

Metal gear solid twin snakes is a remake. The same game with entirely new graphics and gameplay mechanics, but unmistakably true to the original.

Resident evil 1 for gamecube was a remake, same game with new graphics. it was then remastered for the new systems.

Yall are the ones getting confused about remakes and remasters.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
These nikkas are really acting like this looks fateful to the original.

Have these dudes even played the original? The shyt looked nothing like this new shyt.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No the fukk it doesn't.
I'll agree to disagree. To you a remake is basically almost a 1:1 rendition of a game except overhauled visually. A remake encompasses many things, this being one of them. It doesn't have to literally be a game that retains the exact same gameplay concepts to suit some fans. It's like when they remade RE2, that can be argued by this same point you're saying as "it looks nothing like RE2!" because RE2 remake is third person shooter while the old games were fixed camera with stationary aim and shoot gameplay.

If you want literally FFVII with better graphics get a PC version and mod it.
FVKF5FZGOZIPENA.LARGE.jpg

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'll agree to disagree. To you a remake is basically almost a 1:1 rendition of a game except overhauled visually.
That is not true. Twin snakes was not a 1:1 rendition of the original.

I was not hoping for the same exact turn based gameplay as the original. I would have been happy with something like the FFX battle system. Or just a new turn based battle system created for this game. FF7 at its core was a turn based rpg, this looks nothing like that.
It's like when they remade RE2, that can be argued by this same point you're saying as "it looks nothing like RE2!" because RE2 remake is third person shooter while the old games were fixed camera with stationary aim and shoot gameplay.

RE2 changed the camera but stayed fateful to the spirit of the original. The camera change to me was similar to metal gear solid 3 subsistence, the same type of game with a new camera perspective. RE 2 remake at its heart is still about conserving ammo and supply's, solving puzzles, and surviving with limited resources. It's still a survival horror game with plenty of the same elements found in the original.

This new FF7 remake does not look like a turn based jrpg like the original, it looks closer to FF15/KH.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That is not true. Twin snakes was not a 1:1 rendition of the original.

I was not hoping for the same exact turn based gameplay as the original. I would have been happy with something like the FFX battle system. Or just a new turn based battle system created for this game. FF7 at its core was a turn based rpg, this looks nothing like that.

RE2 changed the camera but stayed fateful to the spirit of the original. The camera change to me was similar to metal gear solid 3 subsistence, the same type of game with a new camera perspective. RE 2 remake at its heart is still about conserving ammo and supply's, solving puzzles, and surviving with limited resources. It's still a survival horror game with plenty of the same elements found in the original.

This new FF7 remake does not look like a turn based jrpg like the original, it looks closer to FF15/KH.
Well that's the thing, it's a remake. It's not required to be exactly like the original. When you say it "doesn't look" like FFVII I guess you're just going strictly off the gameplay systems. Everything else does "looks" like FFVII obviously. I don't mind the new gameplay systems as long as it's great. I'm not one of those purists who demands it stays the same. It's been over 20 years since the game released. If someone is really hell bent on complaining that the game has been modernized they can get the steam release and mod it with various mods.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Well that's the thing, it's a remake. It's not required to be exactly like the original. When you say it "doesn't look" like FFVII I guess you're just going strictly off the gameplay systems. Everything else do "looks" like FFVII.
As I've said before, the shyt looks like FF15 reskinned with FF7 characters and settings.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't mind the new gameplay systems as long as it's great.
Except that final fantasy has been trash ever since square enix started experimenting with these "new gameplay systems".

Maybe if there were some examples of these new live action battle systems working in a final fantasy game, I wouldn't mind the change so much. As is the last great FF game was the last to use a turn based system. FF12 was just ok at best, everything after that has been pure trash.

Forgive me for not wanting that trash ass gameplay in a Final fantasy 7 remake.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
X2 had an amazing battle system.

Also If I recall FF7Re will have traditional turn base and the new style.

I don't think they mentioned anything about the traditional battle system, although with the new system, they COULD add a Wait Mode like what they did in FFXV. Only this mode actually feels like turn-based, given how the new combat system works. Evaluating things further, there's clearly an ATB of some form in the game, it's not straight up action like people are assuming.

Besides, I'm pretty sure they came out and said it's not going to be pure action either. What they're most likely gonna do is have your main attacks free of charge from your ATB, but it's weak, so if you want to make actual dents in the enemies, you'll need to use your Punisher/Materia/Limit Break/Items. That way, you're not a sitting duck, but you're also given the ability to be strategic with your attacks at the same time in an environment that's constantly moving.

This is actually the FF7 combat but more modernized if I'm correct. You still have turns to take and you still have to wait if you actually want to land real hits or use your items.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Remaster is the original game with higher resolution, and frame rates, possibly audio. Maybe a little extra other shyt.

Uncharted Trilogy, Darks Souls ps4.

Remake is remade from the ground up

Like Shadow of the collosus, and Resident Evil 2, are remakes.

If this game had the exact same graphics as this, but still had the exact same battle system and story as the old shyt, it would still be a remake.

Last edited: