Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Meh, you’re the same person who was ok with paying full price for mario 3d world with bowsers fury, which is just a port of a game with a 4 hour dlc attached.

At least they are giving us a free upgrade of intergrade. You can’t be pro-nintendo and support all their scumbag practices and put your foot down on 20 dollar DLC
And you were the same person who wasn't ok with it. But I guess "That was different"

I haven't once said I wasn't going to buy it, nor that I wasn't ok with it.

Yall just ok with it in this case because "reasons"

I don't mind paying for quality that I want

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And you were the same person who wasn't ok with it. But I guess "That was different"

I haven't once said I wasn't going to buy it, nor that I wasn't ok with it.

Yall just ok with it in this case because "reasons"

I don't mind paying for quality that I want

Comparatively if you were able to buy bowsers fury for 20 dollars seperate from 3d world or were able to play your wii-u copy, I definitely wouldn’t have a problem with it. forcing someone into another 60 dollar purchase of a port just to play the 4 hour dlc is entirely different.

In other words if i had to repurchase final fantasy 7 at full price for the update in order to play episode yuffie, i would certainly raise hell over it, but thats not the case here.

You on the other hand really don’t have a leg to stand on in terms of criticizing this or anyone ok with it

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Comparatively if you were able to buy bowsers fury for 20 dollars seperate from 3d world or were able to play your wii-u copy, I definitely wouldn’t have a problem with it. forcing someone into another 60 dollar purchase of a port just to play the 4 hour dlc is entirely different.

In other words if i had to repurchase final fantasy 7 at full price for the update in order to play episode yuffie, i would certainly raise hell over it, but thats not the case here.

You on the other hand really don’t have a leg to stand on in terms of criticizing this or anyone ok with it
:ehh:

What about forcing them into a 500 purchase instead?:ohhh:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
About the same as forcing them to buy a switch and the game.
imagine comparing a game that released last year that's literally getting dlc to a 2013 wii updated port. :mjlol:

I could go out buy a switch and the game and still not pay as much for intergrade and a ps5... if you can even get lucky and find a PS5 in a month:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
imagine comparing a game that released last year that's literally getting dlc to a 2013 wii updated port.

Is this a joke? Clearly the former is way worse. You’re literally saying you are far more comfortable paying more for a 2013 game on inferior hardware for full price.

I’ll clearly take the a digital ps5 and a game thats barely a year old (that gets a free upgrade) for the 430.00 rather than the 360.00 decade old port

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this a joke? Clearly the former is way worse. You’re literally saying you are far more comfortable paying more for a 2013 game on inferior hardware for full price.

I’ll clearly take the a digital ps5 and a game thats barely a year old for the 430.00 rather than the 360
I mean I'm sure you would as most people are going to take a PS5 right now over a switch.

That doesn't change the fact that its a much lamer business choice that anything nintendo has thrown out.

There is very limited ways to play the wii game, I can't think of anyone with a wii still hanging around, so a upgraded port is great.

On the other hand FF7 came out last year, PS5 are hard to come by, and the dlc is 20 bucks (potentially very short but hopefully not) and PS5 only.:francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean I'm sure you would as most people are going to take a PS5 right now over a switch.

That doesn't change the fact that its a much lamer business choice that anything nintendo has thrown out.

There is very limited ways to play the wii game, I can't think of anyone with a wii still hanging around, so a upgraded port is great.

On the other hand FF7 came out last year, PS5 are hard to come by, and the dlc is 20 bucks (potentially very short but hopefully not) and PS5 only.:francis:

And eventually you can get a ps5, so you really aren’t being forced into anything. The positive here is you are being given a free upgrade, and only being charged for the dlc once you eventually get it, and thats if the dlc isn’t free by then.

As a Wii-U owner who already purchased Mario 3d world, they are FORCING you to repurchase the game for the DLC even if you already have it. There’s no way around it even if you decide to wait. Also, knowing how Nintendo prices their games you might not even see a price drop even if you decide to wait.

So yeah, either way nintendo is forcing you into paying 60 dollars for a port, or else you have no other way to play that DLC.

So to sum this up....if we consider in both situations the consumer own the original game on their original platform:

Buy a switch and repurchase mario 3d world to play bowsers fury

Buy a ps5 and you only have to buy the add on, while getting the original upgraded for free

It’s clear these aren’t the same.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And eventually you can get a ps5, so you really aren’t being forced into anything. The positive here is you are being given a free upgrade, and only being charged for the dlc once you eventually get it, and thats if the dlc isn’t free by then.

As a Wii-U owner who already purchased Mario 3d world, they are FORCING you to repurchase the game for the DLC even if you already have it. There’s no way around it even if you decide to wait. Also, knowing how Nintendo prices their games you might not even see a price drop even if you decide to wait.

So yeah, either way nintendo is forcing you into paying 60 dollars for a port, or else you have no other way to play that DLC.

So to sum this up....if we consider in both situations the consumer own the original game on their original platform:

Buy a switch and repurchase mario 3d world to play bowsers fury

Buy a ps5 and you only have to buy the add on

It’s clear these aren’t the same.
As a PS4 owner who doesn't have a PS5 you are locked out of the dlc.
As a wii owner who wants to play bowsers fury I'm locked out of the game.

That's what it boils down too.

One of those games could have easily been on the previous system the other can't

Which company or companies are taking advantage of there consumer base more? One that makes a updated port from almost 10 years ago on current gen system or the on that releases dlc on a current gen system for a game that released last year on a system thats incredibly hard to come by?:jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As a PS4 owner who doesn't have a PS5 you are locked out of the dlc.
As a wii owner who wants to play bowsers fury I'm locked out of the game.

That's what it boils down too.

One of those games could have easily been on the previous system the other can't

Which company or companies are taking advantage of there consumer base more? One that makes a updated port from almost 10 years ago on current gen system or the on that releases dlc on a current gen system for a game that released last year on a system thats incredibly hard to come by?:jbhmm:

I’ll take the one that built a DLC specifically for next gen hardware with clear substantial upgrades to the base game over a 4 hour dlc that also looks like it could have ran on previous gen hardware attached at the hip to a lazy port of a 8 year old game, priced at 60 dollars.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll take the one that built a DLC specifically for next gen hardware with clear substantial upgrades to the base game over a 4 hour dlc that also looks like it could have ran on previous gen hardware attached at the hip to a lazy port of a 8 year old game, priced at 60 dollars.
cool doesn't change the fact that the companies are being scummy.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
5aSaZxS.gif