Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
selling the same experience with updated graphics always gets em. Square sure knows how to milk the fanboys :francis:
Nahhhh
"In terms of taking such an iconic game and giving it a fresh feel, we can't go into too much detail but we're not intending for this to become a one-to-one remake, or just the original Final Fantasy 7 with better graphics," he said.

"There are certain plot points we don't want to interfere with or disturb, nor will we want to change elements that fans have very big attachments to."

According to Nomura, the team is aiming to re-invent the game for a new generation of fans, but also make the experience fresh for fans of the original.

"My goal with the remake is to make it apply to the current era, the current generation of players that are going to be coming into contact with or playing Final Fantasy 7 for the first time through this remake.

"I want to make it so it's relevant to the modern era, as well as having an element of surprise. It has to be something that riles up this sense of wonder and amazement. I don't want to change it so much that it's unrecognisable, but make sure that it's something fresh and new [but still] recognisable as Final Fantasy 7. That's what I'll be keeping in mind as I work on this."

Nomura also discussed the difficulties in bringing a game which told its story primarily through text boxes in line with modern storytelling techniques, along with adding production effects.

"We're taking something that's text based with no voice over. If we add voice over to it, that will trigger some adjustments that need to be made to accommodate for that. Then, because we're making it in full HD, we'll need to think about all the resources that are needed to populate the screen.

"We'd need to go in and see what needs adjusting in that aspect. It's like a chain of events; 'OK, we're going to revamp this part, what do we need?', and see if there are any changes that creates. As I say, we can't go into the specifics at this point but we'll need to revisit elements within the game to see what is appropriate."

Nomura previously suggested thatFinal Fantasy 7's story could deviate from the originalat E3. Speaking to GameSpot, he said that the upcoming PC-to-PS4 re-release of the classic Final Fantasy 7 would be available for those looking to relive the exact same experience.

“We’ve announcedan HD port version on thePlayStation 4,and then we have the remake coming to PS4,” Nomura said.

You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?"
This is not going to be a "remaster" or just upgraded visuals game breh. This isn't a FFX to FFX HD remaster. It'll be a completely new experience. Completely new modern visuals, new next gen character models, voice over, cut-scenes, new battle system, slightly different story, new gameplay mechanics etc. It's practically a new game.

Last edited:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Nahhhh

This is not going to be a "remaster" or just upgraded visuals game breh. This isn't a FFX to FFX HD remaster. It'll be a completely new experience. Completely new modern visuals, new next gen character models, voice over, cut-scenes, new battle system, slightly different story, new gameplay mechanics etc. It's practically a new game.

Is that a good thing?

We should get both versions

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Is that a good thing?

We should get both versions

Yeah, I kinda wish it was just a graphics update with minimal changes to the story/combat etc.

Been playing the OG on PC the last couple weeks and its a masterful game. The way you start off in midgar and then the world opens up and all the different locations you go to is just phenomenal to me. I hope they can capture that with this new version.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I kinda wish it was just a graphics update with minimal changes to the story/combat etc.

Been playing the OG on PC the last couple weeks and its a masterful game. The way you start off in midgar and then the world opens up and all the different locations you go to is just phenomenal to me. I hope they can capture that with this new version.

There.

Updated graphics, minimal changes. Winter 2015 :troll:

I'm gonna play the steam port soon so I can finish it since I never did. Can't wait for the remake.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Final Fantasy XV confirmed for 2016 release

Final Fantasy XV's lengthy development time has been long documented. Square Enix's promised strong showing for the next mainline entry this gamescom amounted toa fairly boring trailer, doing nothing to reassure anyone that this game is actually coming.

Director Hajime Tabata just confirmed to Gamespot that Final Fantasy XV will be coming in 2016, sometime near a decade after if was announced as Final Fantasy XIII Versus in 2006.

"At the very least, I can tell you that it isn't going to be released this year. I think we'll be able to tell you when we're making the announcement around PAX Prime, at the end of this month," Tabata said. "I understand why people are feeling that way after coming to Cologne and speaking to a lot of the media," he said. "We really do get the feeling that people are a bit worried. Certainly, one thing I would like to say to them to reassure them, is that we've set down the release date, we know when it is, and we've got a complete road map lined up, right up to launch, and we're proceeding along that as planned."

"We can certainly say to people: it's not going to be 2017. It's going to be before that."

Daps
selling the same experience with updated graphics always gets em. Square sure knows how to milk the fanboys :francis:

Not if they change the gameplay from traditional turned based gameplay into real active time gameplay like how Namco Bandai did with Tales of Vesperia and Square Enix's Final Fantasy 13.:why: I kind of lost interest when they mentioned that.:camby: