Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

Balla

Superstar
Daps
When it comes to critical shyts like this in games, I wish the games did a better job (or rather a job at all in this case) of at least hinting to you about such a criteria needed to get the weapon. I don't mean it has to outright spell it out for you, but ionno...something like, "I lost something important here some time ago and maybe someone picked it up" etc. I hate having to resort to strategy guides to get info on such things that in no way, shape or form are pointed out in game.

I rather not use strate guides and/or walkthroughs for my playthroughs unless I'm frustratingly stuck on a part/boss/section for hours. I'm cool with looking around for hidden stuff and there being secrets to be had, but there should be some clues on a secret at least even existing somewhere, ya know.
I know you played the OG, and you really needed a guide on how to find shyt.

I was just playing, but it got to the point where I was missing so many items and had to use a guide.

This game did a better job not hiding everything like the OG, but that hidden weapon was some bullshyt.

That's why you do it again on easy mode.

:lolbron:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The one I missed was Bladed Staff for Aerith. I didn't realize you have to steal Bladed Staff from final boss, Eligor in chapter 11. I finally got unlocked Trophy for got all the weapons.

To the game's credit do, I do actually remember the 2nd time around assessing that boss, it did say that he had the item to steal tho. Still tho, I want more in-game indicators beforehand as a heads up for big key items like that.

IIRC, Eligor was a rare random encounter in the OG and you could steal the Striking Staff (I think that's what it was called) from him.

But you had to have played the original, actually ran into him (I never ran into him the first few times I played through the original) and bothered to try stealing from him to know that he might have a weapon to steal in this game. It would be nice if they gave us a hint about things like that. I damn sure didn't want to waste a Materia slot on Steal if I don't have to, especially not in this game.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I know you played the OG, and you really needed a guide on how to find shyt.

I was just playing, but it got to the point where I was missing so many items and had to use a guide.

This game did a better job not hiding everything like the OG, but that hidden weapon was some bullshyt.

That's why you do it again on easy mode.

:lolbron:
I was all with you until easy mode, breh. You not from Harlem. :dame:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
IIRC, Eligor was a rare random encounter in the OG and you could steal the Striking Staff (I think that's what it was called) from him.

But you had to have played the original, actually ran into him (I never ran into him the first few times I played through the original) and bothered to try stealing from him to know that he might have a weapon to steal in this game. It would be nice if they gave us a hint about things like that. I damn sure didn't want to waste a Materia slot on Steal if I don't have to, especially not in this game.

True, this game is stingy with the materia slots. To be fair, using Access materia lets you know stealable items, but that's only after the fact, and very few enemies have items worth stealing anyway. What's the point of using steal materia when the game throws items and gil at you?

Props on pointing that out too. I forgot that enemy was in the ghost graveyard in the OG, and had that weapon. In the OG I don't think you ran into Sweepers until after you left Midgar, but I vaguely remember being able to steal a weapon for Barret from them.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
True, this game is stingy with the materia slots. To be fair, using Access materia lets you know stealable items, but that's only after the fact, and very few enemies have items worth stealing anyway. What's the point of using steal materia when the game throws items and gil at you?

Props on pointing that out too. I forgot that enemy was in the ghost graveyard in the OG, and had that weapon. In the OG I don't think you ran into Sweepers until after you left Midgar, but I vaguely remember being able to steal a weapon for Barret from them.

You might be thinking of the Custom Sweepers in the immediate area around Midgar that you could steal Barret's Atomic Scissors from. The regular Sweepers that are all over the place in this game were only in the No. 1 Reactor in the original. I remember them because a single Bolt spell would obliterate them :heh:

This is just reminding me of how useful Steal was in the OG vs. this game. Aside from Aerith's and Barrett's weapons, you could get Cloud's Hardedge really early too by stealing from a 3rd class SOLDIER in the Shinra Building vs. buying it later on well after leaving Midgar.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They really did the OG justice. I rather them take two or three years and release the rest of the game rather than split it up. Maybe drop some small DLC shyt between now and then to keep us somewhat satisfied

But I don’t wanna play part 2 and then fight the diamond weapon and see credits roll. I’d be heated....

Just thinking about the OG is reminding me of the snow area that was like a maze. You would be running around from screen to screen confused as fukk hoping you make it past that bullshyt. :hhh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You guys must’ve played the OG more than once. I played it for the first and last time in 2000 and only remember a few things from it.
:lolbron:And you wanna know something?
Final Fantasy 7 was the first PS1 game I ever owned. It has a special place in my heart for real. We didn’t have a whole lot growing up. My parents bought us a PlayStation from a pawn shop and it came with Final Fantasy 7.
I remember the car ride home when we got in the neighborhood a few of my friends were outside playing. I held up the PlayStation to the car window and was yelling. :russ: I was glued to the tv. Funny thing is we didn’t have a memory card and had no clue we needed one. :deadmanny:
It didn’t matter to me, I played Final Fantasy with no memory card and made it all the way out of Midgar in a straight play through without dying a single time. I ended up loving the game so much I did that a few times before we got a memory card.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
:lolbron:And you wanna know something?
Final Fantasy 7 was the first PS1 game I ever owned. It has a special place in my heart for real. We didn’t have a whole lot growing up. My parents bought us a PlayStation from a pawn shop and it came with Final Fantasy 7.
I remember the car ride home when we got in the neighborhood a few of my friends were outside playing. I held up the PlayStation to the car window and was yelling. :russ: I was glued to the tv. Funny thing is we didn’t have a memory card and had no clue we needed one. :deadmanny:
It didn’t matter to me, I played Final Fantasy with no memory card and made it all the way out of Midgar in a straight play through without dying a single time. I ended up loving the game so much I did that a few times before we got a memory card.

imagine playing a multi disk game with no way to save progress. :merchant: