Final Fantasy VII Remake:Part1. INTERmission DLC (6/10/21).

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
People fail to realize that people get into gaming at different times and don't know all the storylines, endings, or whatever. They rob those new to it of the experience they had and then get mad when the response is :yeshrug: from the new players.

This definitely, definitely goes for movies where everyone acts like everybody seen every old movie they have:francis:
Basically. And I'ma keep it bloody, black folks are the absolute worst when it comes to this.

Ya'll can get mad all ya'll want, ya'll know I aint lying :hubie:

It's a damn 20+ year old game. Unless you're Amish, or manage to completely avoid the internet altogether, it's unreasonable to expect to never hear key details of one of the most well-liked games of all time. :martin:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's a damn 20+ year old game. Unless you're Amish, or manage to completely avoid the internet altogether, it's unreasonable to expect to never hear key details of one of the most well-liked games of all time. :martin:
See what I'm saying? :mjharshreality:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because it happened 20 years ago doesn't mean every gamer knows about it. You got younger gamers who weren't even born when it was released and you got gamers that really don't be checking for retro games. You bubble is small if you think every gamer knows the same information about games as you do.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Just because it happened 20 years ago doesn't mean every gamer knows about it. You got younger gamers who weren't even born when it was released and you got gamers that really don't be checking for retro games. You bubble is small if you think every gamer knows the same information about games as you do.

It's not that I think every gamer knows or should know anything. It's just that I don't think breh should be shamed for discussing a plot point, of an extremely popular game, that came out more than two decades ago. Especially in a thread where the game is the topic. It's like having a discussion about WW2, and getting mad when someone mentions 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. I could see if it just happened, but that shyt is ancient history. And if you're actively seeking information or discussion about something, it's unreasonable to expect details you personally didn't want to hear to remain hidden.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not that I think every gamer knows or should know anything. It's just that I don't think breh should be shamed for discussing a plot point, of an extremely popular game, that came out more than two decades ago. Especially in a thread where the game is the topic. It's like having a discussion about WW2, and getting mad when someone mentions 6 million Jews died in the holocaust. I could see if it just happened, but that shyt is ancient history. And if you're actively seeking information or discussion about something, it's unreasonable to expect details you personally didn't want to hear to remain hidden.
WW2 is acquired learning in the US, FF7 is not.
With this being about the FF7 remake and not a discussion about the original game you got to use your head a bit like "This is a remake that'll bring in people that don't know anything about the original. Maybe I shouldn't discuss spoilers openly"

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
WW2 is acquired learning in the US, FF7 is not.
With this being about the FF7 remake and not a discussion about the original game you got to use your head a bit like "This is a remake that'll bring in people that don't know anything about the original. Maybe I shouldn't discuss spoilers openly"

That is irrelevant, the point still stands. If someone arrives to the US from some isolated country, and while having no prior knowledge of said war, goes out and seeks information about it, it's fair to assume he might find out about certain atrocities that occurred, whether he specifically sought that info or not.

Why is it imperative for us not to discuss specifics of a game we all know and love in the context of a remake, and not on the neophyte to either play the original on their platform of choice or avoid online discussions that are likely to reveal plot points? And again, this is very different from, say a game or movie that's been out for a year or two. I don't care if you're ten... you don't get the benefit of having the world not talk about story details to convenience you. This is a 20+ year old game that's still available on various platforms today....How entitled can you be?

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is irrelevant, the point still stands. If someone arrives to the US from some isolated country, and while having no prior knowledge of said war, goes out and seeks information about it, it's fair to assume he might find out about certain atrocities that occurred, whether he specifically sought that info or not.

Why is it imperative for us not to discuss specifics of a game we all know and love in the context of a remake, and not on the neophyte to either play the original on their platform of choice or avoid online discussions that are likely to reveal plot points? And again, this is very different from, say a game or movie that's been out for a year or two. I don't care if you're ten... you don't get the benefit of having the world not talk about story details to convenience you. This is a 20+ year old game that's still available on various platforms today....How entitled can you be?
You can't relate real world history to entertainment.

Look at RE2 Remake. Sure it was made in the 90s and plenty of people from those gaming years know the general story of the game but you had plenty of young gamers experiencing that game for the first time with the remake knowing nothing about the game previously. Sure they could've played the original game but early 3d games from the PlayStation era aren't what most younger people today want to play.

If we talking about the classic game then anyone entering the conversation knows they will be getting open spoilers. This is a reimagining of the classic game that's meant to entice new gamers and many of those new gamers don't know the story.

Every day is someone's first time experiencing something thats been around for many years. In entertainment you rob that new person from experiencing that same shock and awe that a director/developer intended for just because they are late or were not born during the right time. As a movie fan, knowing the big twist/reveal beforehand had lesson the impact of some highly rated movies for me.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
You can't relate real world history to entertainment.

Look at RE2 Remake. Sure it was made in the 90s and plenty of people from those gaming years know the general story of the game but you had plenty of young gamers experiencing that game for the first time with the remake knowing nothing about the game previously. Sure they could've played the original game but early 3d games from the PlayStation era aren't what most younger people today want to play.

If we talking about the classic game then anyone entering the conversation knows they will be getting open spoilers. This is a reimagining of the classic game that's meant to entice new gamers and many of those new gamers don't know the story.

Every day is someone's first time experiencing something thats been around for many years. In entertainment you rob that new person from experiencing that same shock and awe that a director/developer intended for just because they are late or were not born during the right time. As a movie fan, knowing the big twist/reveal beforehand had lesson the impact of some highly rated movies for me.

It's perfectly analogous.

I know nothing about RE2 or the remake, but if I went into a thread about it, I'd be an idiot to think no one would talk about the most cool or shocking moments. If I go into a forum about WW2 history, I'd be an idiot to think no one would talk about the most cool or shocking moments.

It's possible that the devs may change details of the remake, so it's perfectly okay to speculate what may or may not be changed. You seem to be arguing that doing so is wrong because we're stealing an experience from someone else. I cannot agree with that. The impetus is on them to either experience said entertainment in a timely matter, or avoid spaces where details are likely to be revealed. It's not like we're having a random conversation on Facebook ... this is a thread specifically about the game -- plot included.

I discover classic films, books, games, etc on the regular. But you know what I don't do? I don't go into threads about said media to read up on it, and hope plot points aren't spoiled... because I'm not an idiot. No one owes it to anyone else to be completely silent on a piece of art. If you go on the internet seeking information or conversation about a piece of media, you have to take some responsibility if some details are spoiled

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's perfectly analogous.

I know nothing about RE2 or the remake, but if I went into a thread about it, I'd be an idiot to think no one would talk about the most cool or shocking moments. If I go into a forum about WW2 history, I'd be an idiot to think no one would talk about the most cool or shocking moments.

It's possible that the devs may change details of the remake, so it's perfectly okay to speculate what may or may not be changed. You seem to be arguing that doing so is wrong because we're stealing an experience from someone else. I cannot agree with that. The impetus is on them to either experience said entertainment in a timely matter, or avoid spaces where details are likely to be revealed. It's not like we're having a random conversation on Facebook ... this is a thread specifically about the game -- plot included.

I discover classic films, books, games, etc on the regular. But you know what I don't do? I don't go into threads about said media to read up on it, and hope plot points aren't spoiled... because I'm not an idiot. No one owes it to anyone else to be completely silent on a piece of art. If you go on the internet seeking information or conversation about a piece of media, you have to take some responsibility if some details are spoiled
I'm saying don't openly do it. Put it in spoilers. Very simple

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's like having a discussion about WW2, and getting mad when someone mentions 6 million Jews died in the holocaust.
I want to highlight this comment in particular for it's exceptional stupidity. I want everyone to really take it in because if something this truly idiotic was said in real life, the moment wouldn't last because that person would be embarrassed out of the room.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
"Suddenly, Last Summer" is 60 years old yet if I told you what happened, I've ruined the movie for you.

Get off that nikka shyt.

nikka, the game is 20 fukking years old! Should a person seek out those who haven’t played Final Fantasy VII and reveal key story details? No, of course not, but no one is gonna tiptoe around discussion because of some damn spoilers.
That’s like complaining about people openly referring to Vader as Luke’s Pops, fukk we supposed to do wait another 20 years before we can fully discuss the game?:hhh:

Y’all “Stop spoiling!:damn:” ass nikkas are the most annoying on the internet.:scust:

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps

It's a remake of a very popular game. That's been talked about for 20 years. Even if a kid is new to the game, they still have the internet. They know what a remake is. They can look up the story and plot points. I didn't even bother to see what the person said. But it's stupid to not discuss the story or plot points in a remake. Especially when a good portion of the buyers are people that bought it 20 to 10 years ago.