Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Spoiler Discussion

Interloper

Lurker Extraordinaire
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 219
@Black Mamba :salute:
While I don't get caught up in GOTY or game of the generation talk(don't care if people think what way about it), I pretty much echo your sentiments on this game. Best thing Square-Enix has done in about two decades and that makes me worried for part three because other then cutting back on some of the mini games(difficulty mainly) I don't know how they can top this. I was concerned about the ending considering what people were saying and implying, but I ended up being fine with it outside of the unnecessary inclusion of the Bizzaro Sephiroth form as if the fights with Jenova and Sephiorth wasn't enough.

I can't think of anything in the original that was done better in Rebirth as far as story beats go. The few things that I wasn't completely on board with were Costa Del Sol, and not because I hated it, but the juice wasn't worth the squeeze going through all those mini games for a brief thirst trap with Tifa and Aerith. I wasn't expecting a fukking episode of Baywatch or anything, but perhaps a little more shenanigans before we jumped into mixing it up with Hojo's crazy ass. The other thing was the Cait Sith solo mission...yeah, that was better left on the cutting room floor or just adjusted it a bit with the wonky controls(mog moves too slow and the box throwing was infuriating). I felt like the Zack parts were nothing more then fan service, but not bad. I thought I would hate the Temple of the Ancients because people were going on about how long and convoluted it is, but I loved every second of it.

Also, @Balla I have to agree with your assessment on party members. I thought Red would be fun, but nah. Only used him when necessary. Aerith is a mage(never liked using mages in rpgs...sue me) and is slow as hell and fragile to boot. fukk Cait Sith's hoe ass(I'll admit his character is WAY better in this game though).

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
While I don't get caught up in GOTY or game of the generation talk(don't care if people think what way about it), I pretty much echo your sentiments on this game. Best thing Square-Enix has done in about two decades and that makes me worried for part three because other then cutting back on some of the mini games(difficulty mainly) I don't know how they can top this. I was concerned about the ending considering what people were saying and implying, but I ended up being fine with it outside of the unnecessary inclusion of the Bizzaro Sephiroth form as if the fights with Jenova and Sephiorth wasn't enough.

I can't think of anything in the original that was done better in Rebirth as far as story beats go. The few things that I wasn't completely on board with were Costa Del Sol, and not because I hated it, but the juice wasn't worth the squeeze going through all those mini games for a brief thirst trap with Tifa and Aerith. I wasn't expecting a fukking episode of Baywatch or anything, but perhaps a little more shenanigans before we jumped into mixing it up with Hojo's crazy ass. The other thing was the Cait Sith solo mission...yeah, that was better left on the cutting room floor or just adjusted it a bit with the wonky controls(mog moves too slow and the box throwing was infuriating). I felt like the Zack parts were nothing more then fan service, but not bad. I thought I would hate the Temple of the Ancients because people were going on about how long and convoluted it is, but I loved every second of it.

Also, @Balla I have to agree with your assessment on party members. I thought Red would be fun, but nah. Only used him when necessary. Aerith is a mage(never liked using mages in rpgs...sue me) and is slow as hell and fragile to boot. fukk Cait Sith's hoe ass(I'll admit his character is WAY better in this game though).
Shieet I didn’t thinking they would top Remake and they did :wow:
This their baby I have faith that they will brotha :banderas:

Balla

Superstar
Daps

You already know breh

At least we’ll get Vincent and Cid in the next game.

:wow: :wow:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I can finally post some late game screenshots

GNmQHO9XwAAzQMU

GNmQHOQXQAAG8KP

GNmQHRRXAAAu4EK

GNmQHRoWEAAa1Fr

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally beat this shyt last night.
Man the ending was crazy, though I don't quite understand what's going on fully. So is Aerith like only visible to Cloud in some sort of spirit? I'm a bit lost on which "world" is active.

I don't know what they'll do for part 3 but god damn, just give me more but lets' work on making the final boss not literally a game stopper meaning I can see people not finishing it because it was too goddamn hard.

Zack felt a bit weird idk why he was really in the game but idk it didn't really do nothing for me.