Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Spoiler Discussion

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
For the posters who don't know, you can play as Zack and Sephiroth after beating the Gilgamesh sidequests.

Zack's ending in Remake and the beginning of Rebirth didn't even align, so I could tell then they didn't have a sense of direction in what they wanted to do with his character.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I swear they could have taken Zack out the game and not a thing would have changed. How do you put this guy on the cover and have him be completely irrelevant to the story?:patrice:
Zack is simply fan-service content lets be real lol. Especially having him fight with us in the end. I think they regret offing Zack in FF7 OG/Crisis Core because of how popular he is as a character.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The ending wasn't as bad as the reviews made it. The "moment" was overly sensationalized but they had a decent send off for Aerith at the end with you not sure if Cloud is tripping because of degradation or Aerith's spirit did something to him during the last fight. Kinda annoying how everyone was letting Cloud slide for tripping so much, and he shouldve been scrutinized a little more.
Cloud is only tripping when it comes to Sephiroth controlling and manipulating his mental state. Aerith is alive in another timeline, but dead in the remake/rebirth timeline. Cloud is living in two different timelines so he's able to see Aerith alive while the party is unable to see her cus she's dead in their perspective. Red 13 is able to sense Aerith at the end of the game so that shows Cloud isn't tripping in regards to that.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Wait what LMAO? You serious? I beat the game but I never went back to the Chapter select screen. How does this work?:russ:
Chapter select has its own menu options, You can lock in romance options instead of having to build relationships, turn on or off zack stories and couple other things

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
yep, Cait Sith became one of my favorite characters even though i still disliked using him in combat lol

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I heard the sales for this game wasn't as much as remake despite the glowing reviews.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Finally finished.

Incredible game and experience, worthy of the name.

Strongest points:

- just like Remake, they nailed the characters.
- that judgement is pending for Cid, we'll have to see him with Shera first.
- lore and world building is still GOAT level.

Weakest:

- yeah @Gizmo_Duck is right the Zack shyt is wonky as fukk. The way they dealt with Biggs and Wedge shows they either never thought the whisper shyt through or somebody stepped in and made them clean house. I feel like Roche, Biggs, Wedge and Zack def had different storylines planned at the end of Remake, from what we now got in Rebirth. Roche is probably the most similar, but it happened so quickly lol.
- I really love and hate what they did with Aeriths death. I love that they visualize her presence in the Lifestream, which is canon to the OG, but they stripped the power of her actual death by inserting a way too long boss fight. They couldn't help themselves and had to have a Sephiroth fight again....and again....and again....and then again. It really should've just been Jenova and if you want to include Seph, just Cloud and Aerith vs Sephiroth.

Still processing since I just finished, but I really fukks with the soul of this game. Like I said it is absolutely worthy and adds to my GOAT status for OG/REMAKE/REBURF.

Last edited: