Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Spoiler Discussion

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Zack was almost completely inconsequential to the story. (Especially with how we know there's an infinite number of Zacks now). Literally Venom in Spider-Man 3 type shyt where he was shoehorned in for cheap fan service and easy sales. They could've done without him or at least added the whole Cloud realizing what really happened during those 4 years for added story context. It just made him fighting with Cloud feel gimmicky at the end without the story build up outside of a couple extremely brief scenes.

The ending wasn't as bad as the reviews made it. The "moment" was overly sensationalized but they had a decent send off for Aerith at the end with you not sure if Cloud is tripping because of degradation or Aerith's spirit did something to him during the last fight. Kinda annoying how everyone was letting Cloud slide for tripping so much, and he shouldve been scrutinized a little more.

The Temple of Anicents and Cait Sith levels were super trash but a lot of cool bosses there (ex. Demon Wall(s) and Red Dragon fights were insane). Fighting Vincent's Limit Break form right before was crazy too.

The stuff about the Gi creating the black materia was cool and I hope its explored a little more in the next game. I dont remember this stuff at all from the OG game.

I'm guessing Rocket Town and more on Vincent are gonna be in the next game but it would've been cool to see more Turk interaction with Vincent, when he showed up after the fights with Rude/Reno and Liz/Tseng.

Nah, Zack is there to let us see what's happening in the other timelines now that our main one is all kinds of fukked up and Cloud has awareness of it. Now with no Aerith (or at least not with us) we need a window into how our actions are affecting these realities. As you can see, in Rebirth, the more we push on the more these worlds get destroyed. You can skip it after beating the game because there's no need to tease that information out anymore.

I'm of the belief that the Aerith Cloud sees isn't her at all its Sephiroth once more. Now he knows using her will manipulate Cloud will be WAY more effective than if he did it himself. Cloud thinks the Materia Aerith gave him is the key, when in reality, he never actually gave it to Sephiroth at all. I think instead of Cloud falling into the lifestream in the crater, he's actually going to become an antagonist for a portion of the game and Mideel is going to be destroyed by HIM. THEN we see him come back.

I think after playing through it a couple of times, the ending is actually mad crazy and more than what people are taking it for. I actually called that Zack would help you fight Bizzaro Seph, but I didn't expect it in this game. Which means the final battle in the crater is going to be MUCH longer and MUCH more epic.

I personally think the Temple was actually placed and paced WAY better than in the OG. It kinda didn't make sense to be where it was. Why would the most holy site of the Ancients be so far from their capital. It would be like if the Kabbah in Mecca was in Vancouver instead. So that was a good change imo. I also think making that a MAJOR dungeon before the end was great as well. In the OG it felt like a footnote when it should been REALLY important.

On your other points, there's so much you can expand on. Rocket Town's expansion will be good to see. But Wutai is going to be massive. I wouldn't be shocked if a third of the game was centered around Wutai. I think they'll make Vincent's subplot mandatory so we can see Seph's origins and the WEAPON fights will be totally different. So will the Hojo fight.

If there's any place additional content will come it'll be in that final act where Diamond weapon is attacking Midgar. You could expand that greatly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can you imagine how fukked up all this is from Zacks POV? :deadrose:

Dude walks back to midgar after managing to beat death, then everyones knocked out, the cities in ruins, this random little girl is talking crazy about sephiroth to him, he’s looking for Biggs who for some reason knows cloud from the past 7 days, then he ended up in a white void somehow, then he gets transported to another realm where he has to. Fight Sephiroth again for no reason but now cloud is alive, then gets transported to fight a giant 3 headed version of sephiroth then a big meteor is seen ready to kill end his existence but before that he gets transported back to the church

If I were zack i would probably just commit that :dead:

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I really hope we get Genesis for part 3 or at least a DLC.
Man I need that Vincent DLC now :wow:
If its announced with the Ps5 pro then I’m definitely 100000000% getting the pro

Edit: seems like they aren’t planning any dlc :beli: fukk

Last edited:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Can you imagine how fukked up all this is from Zacks POV? :deadrose:

Dude walks back to midgar after managing to beat death, then everyones knocked out, the cities in ruins, this random little girl is talking crazy about sephiroth to him, he’s looking for Biggs who for some reason knows cloud from the past 7 days, then he ended up in a white void somehow, then he gets transported to another realm where he has to. Fight Sephiroth again for no reason but now cloud is alive, then gets transported to fight a giant 3 headed version of sephiroth then a big meteor is seen ready to kill end his existence but before that he gets transported back to the church

If I were zack i would probably just commit that :dead:
bruh Zack said "what in the hell is going on??" at the end when he was facing bizarro Seph... we all felt that, he was genuinely lost :mjlol:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In case you're confused about what's going on in the story.:manny:
9wb4qowkpdqc1.jpg
where did you find this?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I really hope we get Genesis for part 3 or at least a DLC.
Man I need that Vincent DLC now :wow:
If its announced with the Ps5 pro then I’m definitely 100000000% getting the pro

Edit: seems like they aren’t planning any dlc :beli: fukk
Most of the fandom hated how they retconned him into the nibelheim reactor, i think they plan on forgetting that dude ever existed.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Most of the fandom hated how they retconned him into the nibelheim reactor, i think they plan on forgetting that dude ever existed.
THEY BETTER NOT!!
Also probably not since we saw Nero in the yuffie game and they picked up genesis at the end of crisis core and they were from Dirge of Ceberus too :mjgrin:
Deepground is there so he is there without a doubt :mjgrin:
THIS IS SLANDER!!! :damn:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
THEY BETTER NOT!!
Also probably not since we saw Nero in the yuffie game and they picked up genesis at the end of crisis core and they were from Dirge of Ceberus too :mjgrin:
Deepground is there so he is there without a doubt :mjgrin:

THIS IS SLANDER!!! :damn:
I saw complaints about that too,
but i really think deepground was only hated on because people in general hated dirge of cerberus. The game was flawed. but characters can be redeemed.
Genesis an all that from Crisis Core was hated despite people loving the game.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I saw complaints about that too,
but i really think deepground was only hated on because people in general hated dirge of cerberus. The game was flawed. but characters can be redeemed.
Genesis an all that from Crisis Core was hated despite people loving the game.
I loved Genesis I, and others from the Genesis fan group like in Crisis Core will not give up without a fight!