Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Mad Max

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Something the director himself cops to. So how that’s better than the road warrior I don’t get. If someone says Indy is the better franchise cool no prob but this road warrior slander can’t stand
I was reading the thread and thinking of the franchise when I voted. Honestly though, I don't remember The Road Warrior being that good at all.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
Had to go with Indy here... Both franchises are classics for their own reasons... To me personally though Thunderdome is my only memory of MM and I never bothered to watch all of Fury Road.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’m still stuck on this road warrior v temple of doom thing. Road warrior changed action movies from that point forward. It invented an entirely new way to discuss action flicks and new cinema language for action flicks. And we’re really comparing that to temple of doom?

For better or worse, the "PG-13" rating wouldn't exist without Temple of Doom. When it was first released it was rated PG, and there was a HUGE "think of the children!!" backlash to the human sacrifice scene.

Ever since then, all blockbusters are intentionally aimed at the PG-13 rating. And movies that would "naturally" be meant to be R Rated are edited down to PG-13 if there's any chance they can capture some of that blockbuster money. Not just action movies, but horror movies etc. So Temple of Doom's influence was MASSIVE.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
For better or worse, the "PG-13" rating wouldn't exist without Temple of Doom. When it was first released it was rated PG, and there was a HUGE "think of the children!!" backlash to the human sacrifice scene.

Ever since then, all blockbusters are intentionally aimed at the PG-13 rating. And movies that would "naturally" be meant to be R Rated are edited down to PG-13 if there's any chance they can capture some of that blockbuster money. Not just action movies, but horror movies etc. So Temple of Doom's influence was MASSIVE.

That's Spielberg's power with the MPAA though. Had he made another movie it would've been the same thing so I can't give the movie a big plus in the column for that although it's cool and a great fact