• Indiana Jones

Votes: 47 75.8%
  • Mad Max

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I probably like Fury Road more than any Indy movie but i don't care for the other 3.

Even road warrior is boring until the last 15 min.

Indy has 3 classics

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Right now, I'm gonna go with Indy. It may change though. The Indiana Jones movies are just to consistent in tone, action and adventure.

Raiders is the best film out of both franchises, with The Road Warrior a close second. But the tone of The Road Warrior is quite different from Mad Max, and much more fun and enjoyable. The Road Warrior, I can watch whenever and Mad Max, I have to be in the mood. The problem for me with Temple of Doom, even though the banter is great, the characters are cool, the iconic scenes, is that the movie always just seems to end to me. Like the plot falls off the cliff, just like the thugs and Mola Ram.

Last Crusade has that charm which keeps it from being boring, giving it the edge over Thunderdome. BTW, it had to be mid-90s before I realized that Gyro & Jedediah weren't the same character.

Fury Road is a modern masterpiece. This is what Thunderdome should've been . crystal Skull, I've got nothing - but because of dialog, scenes, and characters, the edge has to go to Indy.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Right now, I'm gonna go with Indy. It may change though. The Indiana Jones movies are just to consistent in tone, action and adventure.

Raiders is the best film out of both franchises, with The Road Warrior a close second. But the tone of The Road Warrior is quite different from Mad Max, and much more fun and enjoyable. The Road Warrior, I can watch whenever and Mad Max, I have to be in the mood. The problem for me with Temple of Doom, even though the banter is great, the characters are cool, the iconic scenes, is that the movie always just seems to end to me. Like the plot falls off the cliff, just like the thugs and Mola Ram.

Last Crusade has that charm which keeps it from being boring, giving it the edge over Thunderdome. BTW, it had to be mid-90s before I realized that Gyro & Jedediah weren't the same character.

Fury Road is a modern masterpiece. This is what Thunderdome should've been . crystal Skull, I've got nothing - but because of dialog, scenes, and characters, the edge has to go to Indy.

Yeah I’m on your way of thinking as far as how I feel about the individual movies. Temple of doom is fine for me but has a lot of shyt that makes me scratch my head. Last crusade is fun and sweet but I tie it with thunder dome. And then there’s fury road.

Max max tho just doesn’t work for me all the time and like you, I gotta be in the mood

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I probably like Fury Road more than any Indy movie but i don't care for the other 3.

Even road warrior is boring until the last 15 min.

Indy has 3 classics
What the fukk?! :wtfgosling:

The Road Warrior is nigh perfect from beginning to end. I've said it before but the opening scene alone is a masterclass of "show, not tell" that every filmmaker (especially some of your favorites) should learn from. It's infinitely watchable.

Also...

giphy.gif

That said, I love Indy and probably enjoy The Temple Of Doom more than most people do, but four was nothing but an abomination of the worst kind and consistency matters so much to me.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
What the fukk?! :wtfgosling:

The Road Warrior is nigh perfect from beginning to end. I've said it before but the opening scene alone is a masterclass of "show, not tell" that every filmmaker (especially some of your favorites) should learn from. It's infinitely watchable.

Also...

giphy.gif

That said, I love Indy and probably enjoy The Temple Of Doom more than most people do, but four was nothing but an abomination of the worst kind and consistency matters so much to me.
I knew i would rustle your jimmies :lolbron:

I adore temple of doom

Listened to this today

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) | Free Podcasts | PodOmatic" :umad:

Thunderdome sucks more ass than crystal skull

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Part of me really wants to vote Mad Max because of the fact that so many years after its first movie it managed to drop a new entry that was classic or very damned near. But there's a lot of shyt that would not exist if not for the Indy franchise. Multiple classic video game series owe their existence to Indiana Jones. Influence wins over relevance this time for me.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m still stuck on this road warrior v temple of doom thing. Road warrior changed action movies from that point forward. It invented an entirely new way to discuss action flicks and new cinema language for action flicks. And we’re really comparing that to temple of doom?

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Temple of Doom had: the opening scene, Short Round, and the scene where Indy almost gets crushed.

That's it. It was a major, major step down from Raiders.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Temple of Doom had: the opening scene, Short Round, and the scene where Indy almost gets crushed.

That's it. It was a major, major step down from Raiders.

Something the director himself cops to. So how that’s better than the road warrior I don’t get. If someone says Indy is the better franchise cool no prob but this road warrior slander can’t stand