• The Matrix

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So no love for early Connery Bond? Not Diamonds Are Forever, but Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger, Thunderball. The beauty of the franchise is its adaptability and being able to satisfy any audience member at one point or another. Roger Moore isn't my cup of tea but there are plenty of people who love him. Then there's Dalton's two flicks, or Brosnan or Craig. It's hard to even find two or three Bond fans, like die hard fans, who agree on which movies are the best.

And Spectre has its share of nonsense but it's not Die Another Day nonsense so it's not at Brosnan levels yet:russ:

The minute Craig is kite surfing or driving an invisible car on ice, then I'll be there with you.
In spectre when that building collapsed and bond fell/Sat on that couch I almost turned off my tv.

I just don't get it. The entire point of the reboot was to make it less silly and more grounded and gritty.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In spectre when that building collapsed and bond fell/Sat on that couch I almost turned off my tv.

I just don't get it. The entire point of the reboot was to make it less silly and more grounded and gritty.

Part of a longer conversation that we can have later when I get the energy to get into the thinking of the producers and director, etc

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
bit of a confession...I'm not a fan of Bond. You seen one Bond film, you basically seen them all. That's not a bad thing per say but it does play a factor in my vote. You know Bond will survive so for me, there was never any real suspense and that's not a good thing in a spy film. Also, a lot of those old Bond movies haven't aged well considering the times we're in, but I personally don't hold that against them but you do side-eye some stuff. The Brosnan/Craig films did a good job in modernize Bond but still I could never get into them. I respect Bond as one of films most iconic characters but that's really it.

The Matrix (first film) is 1 that has infinitely more enjoyability for me. Never gets old and as a film might be more influential to films than Bond was/is :mjpls:So I'm gonna go with the Matrix :obama:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
Based off the way the Matrix completely fell apart after the first movie I give my vote to Bond. It’s fukked up because the Matrix has Morpheus. But He can’t save the cringeworthy mess known as parts 2 & 3 of the franchise. There were no black Bond’s yet & what two or three Bond girls hat were black... but the 2nd installment of the matrix was so bad to me I’ve never seen the 3rd.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can throw on any of the of the first thirteen James Bond at any given time and sit there and enjoy it.

Never got caught up in the Matrix frenzy, and the only one I really liked was the animated one.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I'd much rather watch a silly movie like "Moonraker" than a boring movie like Matrix 3.

bit of a confession...I'm not a fan of Bond. You seen one Bond film, you basically seen them all. That's not a bad thing per say but it does play a factor in my vote. You know Bond will survive so for me, there was never any real suspense and that's not a good thing in a spy film. Also, a lot of those old Bond movies haven't aged well considering the times we're in, but I personally don't hold that against them but you do side-eye some stuff. The Brosnan/Craig films did a good job in modernize Bond but still I could never get into them. I respect Bond as one of films most iconic characters but that's really it.

The Matrix (first film) is 1 that has infinitely more enjoyability for me. Never gets old and as a film might be more influential to films than Bond was/is :mjpls:So I'm gonna go with the Matrix :obama:

There was actually a pretty big difference between Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton. He's probably the real first modern Bond.
(I just realized I never saw "The Living Daylights". When I looked it up, the movie I was thinking of was "License to Kill")