Film Room Intervention: The Reeducation of Satam55

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
what's the over/under on @satam55 having at least 3 monitors?

the way he's always first to embed tweets, and post ign video reviews and redeem his ultraviolet codes i'm picturing dude with a setup like in the matrix

matrix-1999-main.jpg

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

the way he's always first to embed tweets, and post ign video reviews and redeem his ultraviolet codes i'm picturing dude with a setup like in the matrix

matrix-1999-main.jpg

*Satam sees new film trailer*

*Doesn't pick up on the cultural references in it*

*Posts*

it-s-a-very-exciting-time-o.gif

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

matrix-1999-main.jpg
Naw, I just leave a bunch of tabs open on my phone & PC.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
How is it timeless if you have to be born in that era to enjoy it :dwillhuh:. I've only seen people born in the pessimistic era listen to his music. Every song from 60-70's is not timeless
WTF???? Ignoring you off the strength of this dumb ass post. Marvin Gaye is fukking INCREDIBLE, his music is still relevant today

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
He died the year before I was born and I love his music. you're sounding really stupid right now.

Anyone can appreciate movies and music from before their time.
What the hell? Marvin Gaye ain't timeless? MJ and prince ain't timeless?? There's a reason you can still here lets get it on or what's going on or any MJ song playing they're the definition of timeless breh.

There's no intrinsic quality that makes Marvin Gaye's music timeless. Your condition for Marvin Gaye being timeless seems to be "I like it and it's still played." Marvin Gaye's music is specifically tied to a certain time and place with specific values needed to enjoy it in it's proper entirety. It seems like you guys only enjoy his music because somebody already defined it as timeless so you were forced to enjoy it without thinking for yourself. Calling Marvin Gaye's or Michael Jackson's music as "timeless" is just a mean tactic of trying to justify one's taste. I've never seen anyone in the real world listen to Marvin Gaye unless they grew up during that time peroid.

Now Mozart, that's real universal timeless music since it's actually withstood the test of centuries.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
There's no intrinsic quality that makes Marvin Gaye's music timeless. Your condition for Marvin Gaye being timeless seems to be "I like it and it's still played." Marvin Gaye's music is specifically tied to a certain time and place with specific values needed to enjoy it in it's proper entirety. It seems like you guys only enjoy his music because somebody already defined it as timeless so you were forced to enjoy it without thinking for yourself. Calling Marvin Gaye's or Michael Jackson's music as "timeless" is just a mean tactic of trying to justify one's taste.

Now Mozart, that's real universal timeless music since it's actually withstood the test of centuries.

So you're comparing something that has lasted for centuries vs something that has lasted for about 5 decades? That's kinda apples to oranges breh. And the fact that its lasted 5 decades should be enough at this point since none of us are going to get to see how it plays out centuries from now. Now if you don't like Marvin Gaye or any older soul music from that era, that's cool, but clearly there are plenty of people who disagree thus the music has stood the test of time. I'm not a Madonna fan but I can recognize that she is a legendary artist and has stood the test of time with her music and just her persona.

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
So you're comparing something that has lasted for centuries vs something that has lasted for about 5 decades? That's kinda apples to oranges breh. And the fact that its lasted 5 decades should be enough at this point since none of us are going to get to see how it plays out centuries from now. Now if you don't like Marvin Gaye or any older soul music from that era, that's cool, but clearly there are plenty of people who disagree thus the music has stood the test of time. I'm not a Madonna fan but I can recognize that she is a legendary artist and has stood the test of time with her music and just her persona.
No bro, I'm honestly just saying it's too early for it to be considered timeless music.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No bro, I'm honestly just saying it's too early for it to be considered timeless music.

Based on who's time tho homie? We don't have the luxury of looking 100 years into the future but I'd say 50 years is pretty damn well good at this point. Just like the Rolling Stones are a timeless band along with the Beatles. 50 or 60 years is a long time for music to last especially when the culture is always looking to the next thing or the next fad. I was at this club/bar in dc a couple years ago for my birthday and it was filled with 20 somethings but as soon as P.Y.T came on everyone knew every word and every pause and inflection Michael hit and there's a great chance most people there at the time weren't born when that song was out or even thought of but they fukked with it. It's not like we're talking about vanilla ice or 98 degrees here.

It's the same way we talk about film now. Not everyone may be a fan of jaws or Casablanca or citizen Kane but those movies have a legacy in the industry and amongst film fans where they will continue to be talked about and analyzed. The exorcist came out in the 70s and I know people in their mid or late 20s who say it scares the hell out of them to this day or people who flat out refuse to watch it; that's 40 years worth of legacy breh because it's a film that continues to affect people decade after decade.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I was just doing some random search and saw that last year breh made a thread to discuss the MTV Movie Awards. :snoop:

I think we might have to enforce the Ludovico technique onto the guy or he'll never learn.

And we'll start with making his pried open eyes watch A Clockwork Orange so he understands that reference.