Fighting Games Thread

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
ya'll ninjaz fukkin wit dat injustice:gods amongst us when it drop, dat trailer was tuff

shyt sounds like its gonna be wacky as fukk breh. When you're in the Batcave level, you can hop in the bat mobile and shoot missiles and shyt like that from what i read.

RaidenS

AKA J.Swizzy
Daps
Cant wait for tekk tag 2 n need a new fighting stick for xbox 360...

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt sounds like its gonna be wacky as fukk breh. When you're in the Batcave level, you can hop in the bat mobile and shoot missiles and shyt like that from what i read.

It's a given that it's gonna be a horrible game.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Anybody curious what fighting games will be like next generation?

This gen brought them to a new level because of online play, but I hope next gen brings some advances in the online infrastructure of these games.

I would like to see more interactions for the players waiting in the lobby while a match is going on. It would tight if you could access a training mode while waiting if you wanted to. Which fighting game has had the best online setup this gen? I've heard great things about DOA4, but I never played that game online. Best netcode for me would be VF5 hands down.

Just wondering what kind of things do you think are possible for the genre (outside of gameplay) going forward.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

This gen brought them to a new level because of online play, but I hope next gen brings some advances in the online infrastructure of these games.

I would like to see more interactions for the players waiting in the lobby while a match is going on. It would tight if you could access a training mode while waiting if you wanted to. Which fighting game has had the best online setup this gen? I've heard great things about DOA4, but I never played that game online. Best netcode for me would be VF5 hands down.

Just wondering what kind of things do you think are possible for the genre (outside of gameplay) going forward.

DOA4 is bringing that background interaction back to the genre. Using the animated set pieces during gameplay is :win: Im liking what im seeing in doa4. These days though, you gotta have a heavy roster in your fighting games so no less then 15 characters will do. Im not sure what the next level is for fighting games beyond that.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
^^^

You mean DOA5, but how was DOA4? I heard it was a cheese fest.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

New need that Bushido Blade 3 to breathe new life into the genre. The tension in those fights will cats like :noah::ohhh::to::wow:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!

DOA4 most definitely has the best setup. They might've been the first to have spectating in an online lobby. It had a lobby before the lobby where you can spectate matches and chat with others before you fully join the room. The netcode was good from what i remember but the game itself had its problems

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
DOA4 most definitely has the best setup. They might've been the first to have spectating in an online lobby. It had a lobby before the lobby where you can spectate matches and chat with others before you fully join the room. The netcode was good from what i remember but the game itself had its problems

DOA ultimate was better. The lobby in the lobby was wack to HC doa fans but they had spectating since xbox1. Also, you could have a different handle in the game outside of your avatar. You could also put symbols next to your name. This made it easy to establish clans. We all had fisteyeskull symbols in our names n rolled around like a gang. Those were the days.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
^^^

You mean DOA5, but how was DOA4? I heard it was a cheese fest.

Yea i mean 4. DOA4 was not great. They changed the movesets and took out moves that were intregral to a lot of characters. Hurt the series. Made some characters faster, others slower. I stopped playing after doa4 after being insanely good at doau. Hoping 5 revives ish but with my boy genfu possibly out, i dont know. :to:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yea i mean 4. DOA4 was not great. They changed the movesets and took out moves that were intregral to a lot of characters. Hurt the series. Made some characters faster, others slower. I stopped playing after doa4 after being insanely good at doau. Hoping 5 revives ish but with my boy genfu possibly out, i dont know. :to:

:what:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
I'm the best FG player on this site sirs.

Marvel Killer.