fight over food in the office, fatbrehs.

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
Seems like every office has at least one 400lb slob ass white man. Got one in my office that chokes down them 50 cent no name 2 liter sodas from china that you get from dollar tree. Got them lined up under his desk like he's scared he gonna run out. Was eating a big can of Dinty Moore soup and a whole tray of cinnamon rolls every morning for breakfast. Went through a 2 liter before noon. Got major blockage from the shyt he was eating and had to get surgery to remove half of his intestines. He was doing good for a while when he got back...eating salads and shyt, but 3 months later started seeing empty Dinty Moore cans in the break room....

reading that shyt made me wanna
Vomit.gif

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
Come to think on it, you right, breh. Dude should have just let her know that he ain't with the shyts, but I've seen a few heavy folk straight up send people through walls for messing with their food. Breh had plans for EVERY morsel on that plate and prolly been daydreaming about that shyt from 10:30 and she comes along and fukks it up.:mjlol:

uerOTT.gif

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Don't have to touch someone to be justified in striking them.
You are stealing, they have a legal right to use force to stop theft of property.
Like I said if the company is going to fire you for striking a person who was stealing or attempting to steal your food in your presence, they are opening themselves up to a lawsuit. Unsafe workplace would be the big one off the top of my mind.

I disagree with you
As a lawyer, I can tell you that shyt wouldn't have a chance to stand up in court. A judge would throw this away at the first motion to dismiss. What would he be suing for, wrongful termination? When their reason for the termination is that he smacked the shyt out of someone? That's their reason for the termination right there, without going into how justified he felt he was to smack her.

And I don't recall any legal right to defend yourself with physical force because someone touched your food. You have the right to use reasonable force to meet the threat you received. Smacking the shyt out of someone isn't gonna be deemed "reasonable" in a legal sense even if it seems reasonable in real life to some people.

Morally, he had his right. I don't eat off people's plates, usually even if they offer the food to me. And I damn sure would never put my hand on someone's food without asking. But legally, he has nothing to stand on.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
As a lawyer, I can tell you that shyt wouldn't have a chance to stand up in court. A judge would throw this away at the first motion to dismiss. What would he be suing for, wrongful termination? When their reason for the termination is that he smacked the shyt out of someone? That's their reason for the termination right there, without going into how justified he felt he was to smack her.

And I don't recall any legal right to defend yourself with physical force because someone touched your food. You have the right to use reasonable force to meet the threat you received. Smacking the shyt out of someone isn't gonna be deemed "reasonable" in a legal sense even if it seems reasonable in real life to some people.

Morally, he had his right. I don't eat off people's plates, usually even if they offer the food to me. And I damn sure would never put my hand on someone's food without asking. But legally, he has nothing to stand on.
Disagree with you opinion, simple as that.
You have the right to strike someone if they use force against your illegally. In the basic sense she is stealing from the person eating, he has the legal right to repel this offense against him.

LIke I said he got her and him.

If you disagree fine, we'll simply agree to disagree.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Disagree with you opinion, simple as that.
You have the right to strike someone if they use force against your illegally. In the basic sense she is stealing from the person eating, he has the legal right to repel this offense against him.

LIke I said he got her and him.

If you disagree fine, we'll simply agree to disagree.
Morally you may feel obligated to do so. Legally, in this situation you don't, in that you can't sue them because you think you're morally obligated to do something.

bignell

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
at first i agreed with you but then i got to thinking...she never laid a hand on him but he slapped her hand, he actually touched her..as fuked up as it is, she never touched ol boy..its like if i came to your desk and took a pin off your desk and you stole on me, that wouldnt fly with HR.

Nah..That analogy is kind of screwed up.The pen is property of the company.The food she stole belonged to him.I wouldn't care if she stole company property.She stole something he paid for..Even if it was only food..If he get's terminated ,so should she....