FF7 Rebirth flopped

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
People really out here trying to compare a game's sales at the end of the PS4's life to the middle of the PS5's life? The PS4 at that point had different class buyers mixed in. It was available for under $300. A PS5 in comparison has mostly been $450-$500 as much of the life of the $399 one you couldn't even buy them normally. There is a good portion of the PS4's audience that didn't have to spend that kinda money yo own the system that the PS5 isn't accessible to right now.
This a crazy statement to make. It goes to show that gaming is not growing as a industry.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa

All these tweets and no actual sales numbers. :mjlol:

If the game had notable sales then Square would make a statement to let their investors know the game is doing well. That hasn't happened which means the sales are not notable (yet?) and they will wait until the deadline to speak on the sales during their next financial release. No hate, just facts. :manny:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
All these tweets and no actual sales numbers. :mjlol:

If the game had notable sales then Square would make a statement to let their investors know the game is doing well. That hasn't happened which means the sales are not notable (yet?) and they will wait until the deadline to speak on the sales during their next financial release. No hate, just facts. :manny:

:yeshrug:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I was referring Rebirth sales. Hence the financial statement reference. I'm aware of what 16 sold.

And I've gone on record when it comes to Final Fantasy sales in general. If you like the game(s) then you should be satisfied with that and keep it moving because these games are not sales juggernauts these days. Final Fantasy is not going to sell like Elden Ring and Tears of the Kingdom in 2024. :manny:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
PS5 doesn't have the same install base as the PS4 and it's only a PS5 exclusive. Rebirth is one of the best games I have ever played so idc about the sales.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This a crazy statement to make. It goes to show that gaming is not growing as a industry.
Especially when you consider how much boasting that posters and others have done about the PS5 and how well it's selling.

I don't think they realize what they're saying when they use those talking points. It's why I say Sony is goofy for even entertaining a PS5 Pro in the first place and they’re essentially helping to make that argument without realizing it.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Spider-man 2 didn’t sell half of what Spider-man 1 did.

The install base excuse doesn’t hold up. People just aren’t checking for FF like that anymore. Square and sony ran the franchise into the ground :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It is a crazy statement to say that a system that at that point had sold close to 100 million units had a game come out and it sold at a rate said to be twice the rate of a system that's sold like 50 million units? That's basically the same penetration rate on 2X the install base.

Console gaming as an industry peaked with the 360, PS3, Wii generation. It hasn't been growing as an industry it's just been finding ways to monetize the same or fewer users and raising prices to compensate.
Spider-man 2 didn’t sell half of what Spider-man 1 did.

The install base excuse doesn’t hold up. People just aren’t checking for FF like that anymore. Square and sony ran the franchise into the ground :francis:
Spider-Man 2 also isn't a Japanese style roleplaying game.

Like I said if the game sold half the copies of the previous game and that game had basically double the install base then the game is selling at the same rate to an install base that's half the size.

Last edited: