Fewer than 10% of Americans are buying $1,000 smartphones, report says

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Copped the 5s when it first came out. Just went back android and copped an s8.

I can get a decent gaming laptop for the kind of money they want for these phones.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Phones arent improving enough to justify the cost. Back in the 2000's and early 2010's the jump from one generation of phone to another used to be game changing.
You're telling me people aren't falling for unnecessary notches, lack of a 3.5mm jack, and slightly faster specs for apps that won't even utilize them? :mindblown:

MD20

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Expensive iPhones are to hipster cacs, what Jordans are to inner city black kids
giphy.webp

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Still settling..One plus 7 pro is great and seamless but losing features and no sd card is a problem and its beyond reproach.
I have a $1000 plus phone but almost all modern smartphones do the same things and most Android phones have the same chipset.

I know my purchases are wasteful spending. If I didn’t get this Note 10+ at effectively nothing out of pocket after selling and trading in other phones I would still have the S10.

From a pure functionality standpoint I could still use an S8 / Note8 line and lose nothing of value. I basically just upgraded for gimmicks and usually because you get a good trade in deal. I’m looking at the money I’m wasting and I think I’d rather invest it.

The real move isn’t to buy the annual consumer goods the company makes its to buy a piece of the company.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Phones arent improving enough to justify the cost. Back in the 2000's and early 2010's the jump from one generation of phone to another used to be game changing.

yeah the jump is so small now oh crap let me spend 1,000 dollars on an extra megapixel .5 more ram

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I have a $1000 plus phone but almost all modern smartphones do the same things and most Android phones have the same chipset.

I know my purchases are wasteful spending. If I didn’t get this Note 10+ at effectively nothing out of pocket after selling and trading in other phones I would still have the S10.

From a pure functionality standpoint I could still use an S8 / Note8 line and lose nothing of value. I basically just upgraded for gimmicks and usually because you get a good trade in deal. I’m looking at the money I’m wasting and I think I’d rather invest it.

The real move isn’t to buy the annual consumer goods the company makes its to buy a piece of the company.
That's with all things..but one has it to spare, they get it. Like the Tesla owners...Benz...BMWs...high end condos....whatever.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's with all things..but one has it to spare, they get it. Like the Tesla owners...Benz...BMWs...high end condos....whatever.
Those are all even larger waste of money. With most of that stuff if you just bought according to actual need you'd reduce what you spent by over half.