Female Students unbraid Black Male Teacher's hair...outrage ensues edit: he's fired!

Daps
You nikkas can’t be this dense or have children :snoop:
Professionalism and boundaries be damned:snoop:
Both of you are actually right.

As a black male teacher, he shouldn’t be in any situation where a student is physically touching him in this manner ANYWHERE, especially at school. It’s completely outside the bounds of his purview professionally and ethically.

Why ethically? So what if I white student says “well I want to help to” and then at that point any excuse he gives to NOT have them help is seen as treating students differently than another.

But, if this Dennis Wojakowski, who grew up in Detroit, and he was having his braids taken down by black female students we’d never hear the end of how great it is and he’s endearing himself to the culture. It wouldn’t be seen in a sexual manner at all.

You have to think smarter in this situation even before you get to posting it on social media for the world to see. Regardless of how you feel about it, it’s just not the right thing to do at work. My father used to always hit me in the head when we’d do odd jobs to help people and I’d start acting goofy or being silly. He’d say “BAP”: Be A Professional.

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
The lack of awareness is the issue.

I'm not gonna ask some kids to take down my hair unless we at a family gathering or something.

As a black man you need to be aware of how certain stuff looks regardless of intention. Be wise.

And he posted the kids faces online like it wasn't a big deal. Just be a teacher. Teach and go home. Stop posting yourself online.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Lord knows black kids in school need positive authority figures to look up too. If I was one of their parents, I'd think that's cool as hell. shyt isn't "risque" at all
Kill yo fukking self you bytch ass pro-grooming ass fakkit.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
He probably doesn't have bad intentions but the optics make it inappropriate

You don't want to create a situation that can backfire on you

Plus, there's the hygiene concerns. If he needs his hair did, he can go to a professional. And if he wants to let the girls practice hair, let them do it to each other

Send your kids to school to braid other men's hair brehs.

You nikkas can’t be this dense or have children :snoop:
Professionalism and boundaries be damned:snoop:

This

And if it was my daughter I'd probably be mad real talk. It's quite a few things tied to a female unbraiding/braiding a male's hair.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
It is inappropriate. If that teacher were to be accused of sexual misconduct by any female student at that school, this video would seal his fate.
Exactly, I'm surprised brehs itt are cosigning it :dahell:
People are sexualizing it because he's a black male. Any one else and it wouldn't be a problem.

If it were a white dude he'd be getting invited to the barbecue
Nah, not by me. That'd be even worse considering how many white men prey on black girls

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
People are sexualizing it because he's a black male. Any one else and it wouldn't be a problem.

If it were a white dude he'd be getting invited to the barbecue
Look at you using tactics to make this grooming ass shyt cool.
I bet you got kids too you bytch ass pedophile fakkit. neg

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
a LOT of pearlclutchers responded in here. there are bigger things to worry about than a fukkin teacher bonding with his students IN CLASS. a reason why these lil mfs are disrespectful to authority figures is because teachers won't bond with them out of fear that they'll be sued. if you have a good relationship with your students and their parents, it makes a big difference.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
This new era of teachers being their students "big sister/brother" gotta go.

It's totally unprofessional. I graduated in 2006...I'm not that old.
i graduated in 03....my favorite teachers were ones i could connect with and sometimes had casual conversation with. the teachers kids hated the most were the ones that seemed like they didnt care about individual students.