• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
What's with nikkas rating this chick just a "6 or 7" :why:

She is at least a solid to high 8 and depending how that ass looks she may be a low 9

Tae

All Star
Daps
:shaq2:Been a long night of defending my opinions.

Software engineering >>>>>>>Social working, teaching, Nursing(in SOME respects) on the level of complexity. We aren't simply talking doing programming and passing
it to the next in line. Software engineers typically plan, oversee the design process, and follow through with software updates and debugging. Its soul-sucking for some, but shows
an incredible amount of fortitude in the way of mathematical and logical applications to algorithmic problems. This is one of those jobs where describing her daily functions
can sound like absolute gibberish to most people, whether she is speaking of design, testing, maintenance, practical applications, quality of service, etc. It takes a particular
type of aptitude to deal with the kinda mind-numbing tasks and tedium that can come with the entire software design process. Most other careers aren't nearly as taxing.

As for debt, she may be in it:yeshrug: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut she is 22(very young) working in Silicon Valley. Not some Podunk town doing helpdesk work. She is making
BANK, and if she sticks with this career path, can be running her own shyt at a relatively young age with an impressive resume to boot. It isn't the same as other people getting
degrees and looking at 10+ years to pay them back because their career isn't as in demand:francis: Software engineers are riding a wave of globalization, demand for apps,
the computerization of things that never before needed as much complexity (cars, watches, cell phones...and thousands of other mobile trinkets). Whatever the investment, she
is gonna get that back in spades. The IT and software programming brehs on the coli can attest to the burnout rate of workers and what people on the top end get paid, much
less those working in pretty much the Technology center of America.

:dahell:I never said debt had anything to do with her intelligence, just that her VERY CAREER dictates she isn't the average bear.

Software Engineer Salary in Silicon Valley, CA | Indeed.com

You can see the average salaries of various disciplines in Silicon valley for software engineers, though I may have missed the median. In any case, you aren't started
at these kind of wages if you are basic:aicmon: That same article has pictures of other women, who even looking SLIGHTLY above average, are quite literally
cream of the crop cause they took their skills to places even a lot of men can't go. I'm not sure what the purpose of the quote was, but this ain't no chick with a BA
holding tight onto a job making 40k, and there are a lot more of those than women in top 10% earning territory in a field that would flummox most of the population.

TL:DR I stand by everything I said.

Exactly. This ain't no regular "I'm an educated woman" ass chick with a degree, debt up to her ears, making 40k a year.

This chick is really bout that life, is clearly reasonably intelligent, AND looks good. Closer to a dime than most, cause she is a rarity.

You did not say her career proves she's not average, which would have been fine and completely true since most women tend not to enter technology fields. You compared her intelligence to the average woman, implying that she is more intelligent simply because of the field she chose to enter and that the average woman tends to be in debt and make less money.

You have no way to decipher the intelligence level of someone who is a social worker (which in itself has several different levels) simply because they love helping people and decided to make a career out if it. Perhaps they had the capacity to become a software engineer but they were not drawn to that field, or perhaps they tried it for a while and were good at it but they were not interested enough to purse it full time.

Furthermore, this chick could be a genius at what she does but a completely dunce in other areas, such as writing coherent sentences, or knowing how to apply critical thinking in everyday dilemma's outside of her field.

Someone's profession does not determine how intelligent they are, it simply means they are good at their chosen field. But I suppose most people aren't smart enough to realize that :francis:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You did not say her career proves she's not average, which would have been fine and completely true since most women tend not to enter technology fields. You compared her intelligence to the average woman, implying that she is more intelligent simply because of the field she chose to enter and that the average woman tends to be in debt and make less money.

You have no way to decipher the intelligence level of someone who is a social worker (which in itself has several different levels) simply because they love helping people and decided to make a career out if it. Perhaps they had the capacity to become a software engineer but they were not drawn to that field, or perhaps they tried it for a while and were good at it but they were not interested enough to purse it full time.

Furthermore, this chick could be a genius at what she does but a completely dunce in other areas, such as writing coherent sentences, or knowing how to apply critical thinking in everyday dilemma's outside of her field.

Someone's profession does not determine how intelligent they are, it simply means they are good at their chosen field. But I suppose most people aren't smart enough to realize that :francis:
Jesus Christ, @Tae , leave me alone. You know what I mean and I don't feel like having to expound for 6 paragraphs to explain 2 sentences.
There are people saying offensive stuff on this site that should be accosted instead. I stand by everything I said, and a macro-analysis won't change that. I forget about this thread...and you
pull me back in

tumblr_msnyf479g51qban3jo1_500.gif

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Well there's a lot sexism in tech, and it is mostly a sausage fest (though that seems to be changing, and I welcome it), so the reaction to the ad really isn't surprising.

That said, she's a solid 8 at least.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I were a CEO of a tech startup I would never hire women. They'll just be a distraction and work would never get done. You also have to worry about these fake revolutionists and idiotic feminists crying sexism everyday. You could touch a girl on the shoulders and she'll cry rape.

Also most of these girls are computer programmers not actual engineers. Software engineering is kinda a misnomer.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
She is pretty. 10 out of 10. Nice, wholesome, natural look. No try-hard pancake make up. *shrug*

If she is self-taught (without credentials from a school or edu institution), then that would make it harder to get her foot in the door, but I wish her success and every happiness.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
At least there are some sensible women in the comments section:
Natalyc97, Jacksonville, United States, 4 hours ago

Well, I wouldn't call it "sexism", it's just that most people are used to seeing mostly male in the engineering field, we just can't fight the fact that for some reason very few women tend to go into the STEM fields. This is true, I experienced this just yesterday at my college engineering program orientation, I was the ONLY female there. However, nobody's preventing them from doing so, I myself am majoring in CS and plan on becomi ng a software engineer. I don't go around complaining about the stereotype because I try to be understanding.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Jesus Christ, @Tae , leave me alone. You know what I mean and I don't feel like having to expound for 6 paragraphs to explain 2 sentences.
There are people saying offensive stuff on this site that should be accosted instead. I stand by everything I said, and a macro-analysis won't change that. I forget about this thread...and you
pull me back in

tumblr_msnyf479g51qban3jo1_500.gif
Basically ole girl being stupid for no reason. Its the same reason somebody will say Neil Degrasse Tyson is considered smart or Stephen Hawking over an athlete when they could just be smart at their disciplines and dumb as a rock elsewhere. That's how life I splayed all the time now ole girl or boy playing oblivious. That's the worst when cats do that stupid shyt