Female gamer gets bullied for being bad at Halo, devs respond

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
True... :ehh: but turning off the mic dont always work when I was playing online sometimes they was filtered through the tv speakers anyways... :mjlol:

Then you didn’t mute it properly. I never have my mic on when I play online.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
One of the primary reasons a lot of black people left that console. White boys feeling themselves and throwing out any and everything over the mics.
:usure: Well, PSN used to be *free* and invited a far worse (and more racist) element in my experience. But these days XBL does seem to have a more dudebro/sweaty vibe to it. Likely because the staunchest of fans remained while the more casual folks left for PS4. I don't even play ranked on most games because of it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:usure: Well, PSN used to be *free* and invited a far worse (and more racist) element in my experience. But these days XBL does seem to have a more dudebro/sweaty vibe to it. Likely because the staunchest of fans remained while the more casual folks left for PS4. I don't even play ranked on most games because of it.

No, xbox has always had a reputation for racist ass dude bros. I played gears and MW on 360 and the N-bombs just rolled off these dudes tongues. It’s why i ultimately dont really like playing online with strangers anymore.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No, xbox has always had a reputation for racist ass dude bros. I played gears and MW on 360 and the N-bombs just rolled off these dudes tongues. It’s why i ultimately dont really like playing online with strangers anymore.

It's laughable to think that this is even remotely a Playstation vs Xbox issue. Anonymous people on the internet always have, and always will talk crazy shyt they would never say in person.

You just got your feelings hurt by strangers in middle school and want to act like "it's an Xbox thing" :mjlol:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I didn't play on 360 much so I can't compare. I just know PS3 was a free for all. And not just white boys. It was also a lot of brehs and Hispanics as I recall acting a damn fool. I was in Florida at the time so idk if that had something to do with who I was getting matched up with lmao.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
It's laughable to think that this is even remotely a Playstation vs Xbox issue. Anonymous people on the internet always have, and always will talk crazy shyt they would never say in person.

You just got your feelings hurt by strangers in middle school and want to act like "it's an Xbox thing" :mjlol:
Exactly. People acting like Socom wasn't CoD before CoD was on console. Folks were wildin on there with the racism. Like I said, each platform is bad and I don't know why folks are trying to turn this into a PSN vs XBL discussion.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They might as well ban public chat then. Online shooters have been toxic as fukk forever.

They'd need a department of a thousand if they were serious about cleaning up harassment. Would be an avalanche of reports to sift through.
They been started doing this since last generation. Plenty of games made players be in a party chat to communicate with teammates.