Feds confirm that states owe HBCUs billions in funding

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:usure:

Too many HBCUs been having administrative issues since the 90s
Misappropriation of funds is basically taking money from one department and putting it in another area the state doesn't allow.
The main reasons this happens is because your school is being underfunded so bad they almost have no choice. :beli:
All this crap started when Hiram Revels founded the 1st landgrant hbcu, Miss State was founded off of Alcorn State money and then Alcorn State was purposely held back by MS. They even accused Revels of "misappropriation of funds" removed him from the presidency but later reinstalled him after they couldn't find anything wrong. This was back in the 1870s!! Same crap still going on with public hbcus today.

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
These HBCU s are under funded and then when they get the money they mis appropriate the funding like a muthafukka

Gram was notorious for this :francis:

Not sure how true it is under the circumstances by Dr. Haymer (S.U's former Head Band Director that got locked up for misappropriation of funds) said most S.U band members aren't on a band scholarship and those that are on a partial. :francis:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

Not sure how true it is under the circumstances by Dr. Haymer (S.U's former Head Band Director that got locked up for misappropriation of funds) said most S.U band members aren't on a band scholarship and those that are on a partial. :francis:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – A scathing new report from state investigators contends that Florida A&M University didn’t keep track of expenses and finances for its famed Marching 100 band.The probe into university finances resulted in the arrest last month of the university events director on misdemeanor charges. The final report released on Wednesday did not find any additional wrongdoing, but it does fault the university for lax oversight.

Among the findings: Travel per diem payments intended for band members going to football games were handed out to students, some still in elementary school, along with university alumni and others not even enrolled at FAMU. The report states that neither former band director Julian White or FAMU officials could explain why this happened Investigators also discovered that the university allowed White to get paid extra for outside band performances. In addition, the FDLE review states that investigators had trouble verifying purchases made by FAMU employees as well as travel reimbursements.

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road

See.....it be shyt like this.....embarrassing as fukk yo tôte ya HBCU degree with pride, but fukk it. I earned it and worked hard for mine, but I'm tired of the fukkery

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
See.....it be shyt like this.....embarrassing as fukk yo tôte ya HBCU degree with pride, but fukk it. I earned it and worked hard for mine, but I'm tired of the fukkery

That’s one reason I went out of state. Got a full paid ride at Alcorn for music, Gram would have had me paying student loans.