Federal court strikes down Biden’s student loan forgiveness program

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
The plaintiffs so clearly do not have standing here. Not being eligible for a beneficial program is not a harm—it leaves you in exactly the same place you were in if not for the program. Imagine having the mentality. “I’m not eligible for food stamps so I’m going to sue to get the whole program cancelled!”

And these are the people some of you dikkeaters applaud. Ya'll have to be paid opposition. bOTH SidES i'mma vote red cuz DEms let the replublicans get away with this

fukking idiots :dwillhuh:
Right.

It’s like…I didn’t get a PPP loan because I wasn’t eligible…so…let me sue the government because it’s not fair to me…
:why:

This shyt should’ve have been laughed out of court.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Your taxes pay for all manner of frivolous shyt already stop crying. And its 20k for people with pell grants, which is a vast majority of afram. You already know this though :mjpls: Tell someone with 20-40k left in student loans chopping off half or all of that isn't moving the needle.

Not everyone has a worthless degree and even if they did who cares. its not hurting you keep it moving. At least Dems are ATTEMPTING to alleviate some of the issues pertaining to higher education. You think a replublican would even float something like this out.
Bruh these stupid MF act like they ask us what we want taxes to go on with all this dumbass “I don’t wanna pay for some broke ass kids education” rhetoric

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
Can’t understand why some that are republicans not upset about this

People need to storm these Texas judges homes and camp out there.. I’ll pay some homeless to camp outside they homes

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
In the real world if you're struggling and behind on $50K worth of student loan then you will be struggling and behind on $40k worth of loans.
No one on his side want to talk about the fact that the reason college is so expensive now is precisely because of these guaranteed loans backed by the government.
What Biden did was try to throw a little bone to the partisans in time for the midterm.
it's better to show than to tell

student-loan-balance_wnt4cf

at least 15 million people will no longer have debt or have significantly less debt.

if another round of 10k or even higher comes through, millions of people will no longer be in debt

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Lol the program hasn't been struck down :russ:

It's going to an appellate court, there's a circuit split - it goes to the Supreme Court, plenty of standing issues and even with the dogshyt 6-3 court right now its likely to be upheld
I'm in agreement. Even if they hate this law they know this standing is flimsy. They'll throw it out because it will open a whole new can of worms of flimsy lawsuits for anything they pass that someone doesn't agree with.

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Seriously Breh. This lack of critical thinking could be holding you back.

If the Dems try to make it happen and the Repubs block it.. you react by allowing the Repubs to have more control over your life and take away more from you... which they will do if you let them.
This is actually how Republicans think. Pretty sure @othello... is an undercover right winger.

None of that is even Biden's fault. Democrats are the only ones trying to help. Republicans get in the way but yell economy economy economy on the midterm campaign trail. You have to be an uneducated right winger to not see the game being ran.

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
This is actually how Republicans think. Pretty sure @othello... is an undercover right winger.

None of that is even Biden's fault. Democrats are the only ones trying to help. Republicans get in the way but yell economy economy economy on the midterm campaign trail. You have to be an uneducated right winger to not see the game being ran.
Bruh...if they were really concerned, why would they wait a few weeks before the midterms to open the applications? and why would they release the news right after the midterm elections? Can YOU see the game that's being played? I'm for student loan forgiveness. I submitted my application. What are you talking about?

As I said before...Aren't politicians supposed to make deals...give a little to get a little... not just bulldozing everything. "I'll give the republicans X for their support."