Federal court strikes down Biden’s student loan forgiveness program

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
You got people on this site huffing and puffing arguing for hours :slapfight: Red vs Blue

While you got Democrats and Republicans playing good cop - bad cop fooling everyone. And people fall for this every single year :dead::dead::dead::dead:
kdgsxGm.jpg

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
The plaintiffs so clearly do not have standing here. Not being eligible for a beneficial program is not a harm—it leaves you in exactly the same place you were in if not for the program. Imagine having the mentality. “I’m not eligible for food stamps so I’m going to sue to get the whole program cancelled!”

And these are the people some of you dikkeaters applaud. Ya'll have to be paid opposition. bOTH SidES i'mma vote red cuz DEms let the replublicans get away with this

fukking idiots :dwillhuh:

Daps
The plaintiffs so clearly do not have standing here. Not being eligible for a beneficial program is not a harm—it leaves you in exactly the same place you were in if not for the program. Imagine having the mentality. “I’m not eligible for food stamps so I’m going to sue to get the whole program cancelled!”

And these are the people some of you dikkeaters applaud. Ya'll have to be paid opposition. bOTH SidES i'mma vote red cuz DEms let the replublicans get away with this

fukking idiots :dwillhuh:

Came in here to post the standing issue. It’ll get kicked back on that issue alone because the trial judge just hand waived the issue and said standing doesn’t matter.

My admin law is a little rusty, but I don’t know how they even got to the notice and rule making part of the decision. But if that’s all it is, it’s a pretty easy fix. Open up comment period, and do it again after it closes.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right...after....election day

Both sides really did a handshake huh

200416-pelosi-mcconnell-ap-773.jpg

:banderas: :wow:
Lol the program hasn't been struck down :russ:

It's going to an appellate court, there's a circuit split - it goes to the Supreme Court, plenty of standing issues and even with the dogshyt 6-3 court right now its likely to be upheld

Family Man

Banned
Daps
How does this herb not have a WOAT banner?
So fukking what? Doesn't matter who is supposedly bankrolling it. Why the fukk should the people that get looked down on pay for some other muthaphucka's basket weaving or worthless sociology degree?
Also, taking $10k off won't move the needle for anyone.
:camby:
If Biden and nem really want to make a difference they need to tackle the real reason as to why college education is so damn expensive in the first place.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
So fukking what? Doesn't matter who is supposedly bankrolling it. Why the fukk should the people that get looked down on pay for some other muthaphucka's basket weaving or worthless sociology degree?
If Biden and nem really want to make a difference they need to tackle the real reason as to why college education is so damn expensive in the first place.

Your taxes pay for all manner of frivolous shyt already stop crying. And its 20k for people with pell grants, which is a vast majority of afram. You already know this though :mjpls: Tell someone with 20-40k left in student loans chopping off half or all of that isn't moving the needle.

Not everyone has a worthless degree and even if they did who cares. its not hurting you keep it moving. At least Dems are ATTEMPTING to alleviate some of the issues pertaining to higher education. You think a replublican would even float something like this out.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
You're just posting to be posting at this point.

Most people live in the real world, where incremental steps are taken to address complex issues.

.The "bu bu but you didn't cure serious disease, or usher in world peace" comments are fantasy scenarios used as distractions from what is ACTUALLY being done at the moment.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
This is Biden's last chance...If they don't pull it off, then I'm not voting for him.

So you’re going to vote for the party that appointed the judge who struck it down?

Seriously Breh. This lack of critical thinking could be holding you back.

If the Dems try to make it happen and the Repubs block it.. you react by allowing the Repubs to have more control over your life and take away more from you... which they will do if you let them.

Family Man

Banned
Daps
You're just posting to be posting at this point.

Most people live in the real world, where incremental steps are taken to address complex issues.

.The "bu bu but you didn't cure serious disease, or usher in world peace" comments are fantasy scenarios used as distractions from what is ACTUALLY being done at the moment.
In the real world if you're struggling and behind on $50K worth of student loan then you will be struggling and behind on $40k worth of loans.
No one on his side want to talk about the fact that the reason college is so expensive now is precisely because of these guaranteed loans backed by the government.
What Biden did was try to throw a little bone to the partisans in time for the midterm.