FBG Duck shot and killed in Chicago

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
So on the subject on that “Dead bytches” song, I had no idea that “Tooka” guy and like half the guys like 600breezy and those guys mention in their songs are his childhood friends that he watched die, makes his motivation for that song a lot more clear

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So on the subject on that “Dead bytches” song, I had no idea that “Tooka” guy and like half the guys like 600breezy and those guys mention in their songs are his childhood friends that he watched die, makes his motivation for that song a lot more clear
But dude came in the game dissing dead people, had a change of heart for a split second before getting back on that bullshyt. You cant expect real street beef to be settled just because dude made a song, he contributed to that same energy. nikka bragged about shooting lil reese in the neck then expected everything to be alright.

He should have ignored the haters and continued on a positive path, or diss them nikkas directly and not stoop to their level by bringing up the dead.

Dude was talented like alot of these Chicago dudes, but you can never get too invested because these nikkas ask for a early grave.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Kinda sad bc even though he did feed into a lot of shyt and was probably not surprised at all that his life ended violently, you could tell there was a part of him that really wanted to try and turn a page and try something different (informal peace and allowing everyone to prosper).

Is it hypocritical? Obviously but honestly that is just human. We all engage in some level of hypocrisy. The one thing I’ll give him is that at least he was willing to consider it.

Chicago could have been the next Atlanta. Look at how much influence it has already had on the game without ANY level of coordination, strategy or sense of common purpose. A big part of it has to do with the ages of the artists - the guys in the south had OGs from the industry who showed a better path and the rest is history.

I’m not saying these guys are Nas/OutKast/Scarface/Snoop etc level of artists but lot of amazing talent died in Chicago before they ever had a chance to flourish.
I still to this day think Pappy would have been a mega platinum star. He had the image, skills, song making ability, charisma, etc. Just like the total package. He was about to sign to Atlantic.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Kinda sad bc even though he did feed into a lot of shyt and was probably not surprised at all that his life ended violently, you could tell there was a part of him that really wanted to try and turn a page and try something different (informal peace and allowing everyone to prosper).

Is it hypocritical? Obviously but honestly that is just human. We all engage in some level of hypocrisy. The one thing I’ll give him is that at least he was willing to consider it.

Chicago could have been the next Atlanta. Look at how much influence it has already had on the game without ANY level of coordination, strategy or sense of common purpose. A big part of it has to do with the ages of the artists - the guys in the south had OGs from the industry who showed a better path and the rest is history.

I’m not saying these guys are Nas/OutKast/Scarface/Snoop etc level of artists but lot of amazing talent died in Chicago before they ever had a chance to flourish.

I make it a point not to follow these nikkas like that. For one the shyt just FEELS bad, like physically, even if the music is knocking and the flows are dope it doesn't feel good after a while. Then if you do actually become a fan of their music it's only a matter of time before they probably get killed. fukk all that.

But just now listening to King Von, he's a dope story teller, it's a fukking shame that he's wasting that ability on this.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I make it a point not to follow these nikkas like that. For one the shyt just FEELS bad, like physically, even if the music is knocking and the flows are dope it doesn't feel good after a while. Then if you do actually become a fan of their music it's only a matter of time before they probably get killed. fukk all that.

But just now listening to King Von, he's a dope story teller, it's a fukking shame that he's wasting that ability on this.

lookup Young Pappy...wayyyyyy better than king von.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Chicago dudes break it down for me. How y’all beefing with dudes that’s one block down the street from you? :patrice:What y’all be staring each other down from a block away :patrice:Y’all the same people basically. You can’t even live at that point. How you gonna walk to the store, go to the park or go anywhere if your enemy is one block away? I grew up in a very rough city. And it wasn’t even like that. For example, the West side of my city has a major drug trafficking street and one group runs that area. And the north side of the city had a major drug trafficking street and a group of people run that area. I know this because my mom stayed in one area, my grandmother in the other so I went to school with all the kids that became killers and drug dealers in both places. You had other drug markets in the city but those two streets were like The Carter of their sides of town. Because of that both groups didn’t like each other and it was on sight between them but it made sense. You could be on the North side for weeks and never have a reason to go over West and vice versa. North side dudes didn’t hate other North side dudes. They was the same people. And vice versa for West side dudes. It was kinda like being from Brooklyn vs. being from Harlem. You might’ve had squabbles, fights and shootings but the real beef was with across town nikkas. The other side. Or nikkas from other cities. That makes sense. This Chicago stuff don’t make sense to me. 63rd street dudes beefing with 64th street dudes. What kinda drug operation you realistically gonna run smoothly when you can’t walk one block away without getting murdered :patrice: Realistically all these kids went to school with each other and are probably distantly related.
You got 18 different projects in Brownsville Brooklyn and you got dudes not fukking with other dudes from other projects and this is all in one neighborhood. Even though they’re mostly all black, living in the neighborhood going through the same struggle. shyt boggles the mind.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
But dude came in the game dissing dead people, had a change of heart for a split second before getting back on that bullshyt. You cant expect real street beef to be settled just because dude made a song, he contributed to that same energy. nikka bragged about shooting lil reese in the neck then expected everything to be alright.

He should have ignored the haters and continued on a positive path, or diss them nikkas directly and not stoop to their level by bringing up the dead.

Dude was talented like alot of these Chicago dudes, but you can never get too invested because these nikkas ask for a early grave.
This is the dude that shot Reese?

Daps

:russell:

That one foot in one foot out shyt don’t work in the streets especially in Chicago. He basically said the rappers that left were bytches.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
His people did, I dont know if he was the actual shooter or not but I've heard that he was. He was making songs taunting reese afterwards tho.
Damn.

They all just live in a cycle of violence and death. Sad.

I have not really followed the scene since the Chief Keef and Lil Jojo drama.

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Question for the Chicago residents:
Do yall think if the big homies were still around that the violence would be less severe?
Cause when they were around and gangs like the GDs were making millions every week Chicago had twice as many bodies as they do now

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question for the Chicago residents:
Do yall think if the big homies were still around that the violence would be less severe?
Cause when they were around and gangs like the GDs were making millions every week Chicago had twice as many bodies as they do now

I think that’s a convenient scapegoat. A lot of the guys that talk about the OGs/structure etc just miss having the power.

I think more than anything it has to do with 1) after the projects were torn down the gangs became more widely dispersed and literally next door to their main enemies. Physical proximity by itself will lead to more violence and 2) social media and violence becoming more interpersonal rather than related strictly to turf battles over drug sales.

Think about a family who happens to lose a son who was gangbanging. If he died during a clash between a rival gang fighting over a certain corner, it might be that the family grieves but understanding that he was in that life, tries to move on hoping any siblings etc don’t also get caught up.

On the other hand imagine a guy who is from a certain neighborhood claimed by a gang. He might sell some weed but he’s not shooting/killing. If his new girlfriend set him up to get robbed by some guys from a different neighborhood, and say he was killed. Mfers will kill the girl AND ride on the neighborhood that the killers were from and maybe even where it happened. A million twitter updates talking about “shorty wasn’t even on that...he didn’t deserve that” and that family and his friends will be under mad pressure to respond. They will still be killing each other 10 yrs later!