FBG Duck shot and killed in Chicago

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shytty living conditions, poor schooling and broken homes have done more harm than Gangsta and Drug rap. If somehow all of it vanished tomorrow people would still be killing each other. Better schooling, afterschool programs, job training, better policing, internships and mentorships will do much more than stopping a subgenre of music.
I agree totally breh.
But the music glorifying the killing and the situation is definitely part of the problem.

Long Live The Mamba

I make sh*t shake up in broad day
Daps
Reppin
South Eberhart

:laff:

Im gonna miss bro.. :mjcry:

Cops didn't give af when he was on the ground. Walking to get the ambulance in. No hurry. Seems like they were on some oh he gang bang fukkem shyt. Smh
I said this earlier in the thread they don’t give a fukk about these nikkas killing each other a few heavy names bled out and died.. Couple of em on video too while cpd just standing there no urgency no first aid just tape it off and let them lay their.. No real attempt made to help these dudes.. But even on video they don’t even get called out on their bullshyt cause they know people be like “useless gangbangers” at the end of the day they still brehs a real human being that’s somebody’s kid,bro,uncle,cousin & shyt dying to gun violence..

Go to like 53 seconds into the video..

:mjpls:

Chicago Police Issue FBG Duck Retaliation Warning Following Shooting

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
I agree totally breh.
But the music glorifying the killing and the situation is definitely part of the problem.

Chicago nikkas have always been batshyt crazy even the white boys back in the prohibition days. The news and social media would lead you to believe things are "worse than ever" but that's false. Chicago has years in the 70s,80s and 90s with over 700-800 bodies a year, at the peak they reached over 1000 same with LA. Has little to do with drill music.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda sad bc even though he did feed into a lot of shyt and was probably not surprised at all that his life ended violently, you could tell there was a part of him that really wanted to try and turn a page and try something different (informal peace and allowing everyone to prosper).

Is it hypocritical? Obviously but honestly that is just human. We all engage in some level of hypocrisy. The one thing I’ll give him is that at least he was willing to consider it.

Chicago could have been the next Atlanta. Look at how much influence it has already had on the game without ANY level of coordination, strategy or sense of common purpose. A big part of it has to do with the ages of the artists - the guys in the south had OGs from the industry who showed a better path and the rest is history.

I’m not saying these guys are Nas/OutKast/Scarface/Snoop etc level of artists but lot of amazing talent died in Chicago before they ever had a chance to flourish.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kinda sad bc even though he did feed into a lot of shyt and was probably not surprised at all that his life ended violently, you could tell there was a part of him that really wanted to try and turn a page and try something different (informal peace and allowing everyone to prosper).

Is it hypocritical? Obviously but honestly that is just human. We all engage in some level of hypocrisy. The one thing I’ll give him is that at least he was willing to consider it.

Chicago could have been the next Atlanta. Look at how much influence it has already had on the game without ANY level of coordination, strategy or sense of common purpose. A big part of it has to do with the ages of the artists - the guys in the south had OGs from the industry who showed a better path and the rest is history.

I’m not saying these guys are Nas/OutKast/Scarface/Snoop etc level of artists but lot of amazing talent died in Chicago before they ever had a chance to flourish.

Dap and repped

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

On point

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Real talk though, that was a serious question.

That verse/beat/hook was some shyt you would hear and be like

"OH shyt" :dj2: or "Damn" :clap:

?????

All I said, was that the song was "pretty good." Didn't say he had next, hottest song of the summer etc.

I definitely think it's dope that he's from (I think) the Midwest, but he isn't biting Detroit from a rapping or production standpoint. Isn't doing some goofy dance, ain't some standard generic video etc.

It was pretty good. Enough for me to have been interested in checking out a mixtape or other videos.