Favorite Power Rangers Series ?

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A little disappointed that there hasn't been any talk from the Quartering/Clownfish/c00n Rippa crowd about how 'woke' this special was.

Was expecting some complaints about the scene where Minh saves the guy and his boyfriend, or the fact that Minh's pronouns are She/They. :mjpls:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
On my second viewing right now. Re: why Rocky and Kat don't use the Zeo powers, Billy does say that they needed them to use the Dino powers because they might need to form the Megazord later, and they were only able to use Trini's zord remotely.

And I doubt the Zeo Megazord would have been an option since Tommy was captured and Adam was in deep space. Tanya was also using the Zeo Yellow powers and was shown to be captured by Robo Rita.
Super Zeo Megazord (individual parts) or the Red Battlezord would have worked from a piloting perspective, but I mean I was just playing devils advocate, maybe they didn’t have them available

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Looking at YouTube clips just made me realize how fine Catherine and Nakia was back in the day

They was legit fine ass mufukkas

Fqd9ctLaQAAXjsc

image0.jpg

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Super Zeo Megazord (individual parts) or the Red Battlezord would have worked from a piloting perspective, but I mean I was just playing devils advocate, maybe they didn’t have them available
Do the Zeo powers even work at this point as we haven't seen them used outside of the Super Megaforce teamup, which can easily be explained by the MM.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
For whatever reason, they pretend that the rangers never existed as even Kat used Turbo powers in Dimensions in Danger. Only Tommy over the years have used the Zeo Powers in Forever Red and using the MM.
Apparently Tanya too since she was captured, but makes me wonder if that was an emergency use only type situation.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
So what the series implies is that the OG 6 work together nowdays….well before Trini dies.

Makes me wonder what the secondary squad does, if anything at all. Adam and Aisha seem to be wrapped up in space patrol shyt….so if they are morphin it’s probably not on earth often. We know Rocky and Kat will occasionally drop in for ranger business as shown in past specials….but I’m wondering if it’s a regular thing, seems like a “when there’s a need” type deal with them. Same with Tanya apparently.

I’m just intrigued why the OG 6 decided to work together again

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Apparently Tanya too since she was captured, but makes me wonder if that was an emergency use only type situation.
People have made theories over the years that the Zeo powers don't get used as it's taxing on the body. It would explain why they moved to the Turbo powers and why they've rarely used them since.

One of the few ranger fan theories that makes sense.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Do the Zeo powers even work at this point as we haven't seen them used outside of the Super Megaforce teamup, which can easily be explained by the MM.
Unless they were used to create the Turbo powers, the powerset would work.

I forgot the vernacular used in the Turbo movie, but yeah, seems like the Turbo powers were entirely new.

:edit:

Zeo team needed stronger Zords, which is why they moved on to the Turbo powerset

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
A little disappointed that there hasn't been any talk from the Quartering/Clownfish/c00n Rippa crowd about how 'woke' this special was.

Was expecting some complaints about the scene where Minh saves the guy and his boyfriend, or the fact that Minh's pronouns are She/They. :mjpls:
That random crying gay guy was funny as fukk to me.
When did theyvrefer to Minh as they?
Her morphin time call was trash.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Unless they were used to create the Turbo powers, the powerset would work.

I forgot the vernacular used in the Turbo movie, but yeah, seems like the Turbo powers were entirely new.

:edit:

Zeo team needed stronger Zords, which is why they moved on to the Turbo powerset
IIRC though, the Zeo Power are supposed to grow stronger with time, which theoretically would make them the most powerful ranger team. So it makes no storyline sense that they'd still use the Turbo powers if that was the case, which the fan theory comes from.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
IIRC though, the Zeo Power are supposed to grow stronger with time, which theoretically would make them the most powerful ranger team. So it makes no storyline sense that they'd still use the Turbo powers if that was the case, which the fan theory comes from.
The powers get stronger, but the zords were built by Billy. So maybe the zords don’t scale at the same rate. So maybe in the year between the starts of Zeo and Turbo, they had not gotten strong enough to fight Divatox. But again, the movie specifically mentions needing stronger Zords, not powers.

The Turbo team is like, the only team to lose. Powerset was the first made by Zordon. Idk, kinda seems like they made a tradeoff in hindsight, Zordon didn’t know his Zeo team who became his Turbo team would leave before they could beat Divatox.

But presently, yeah the Zeo powers are strongest. And it’s team is arguably the most decorated. They’re one of the longest tenured teams at their point if retirement. Having Tommy and Adam on the same team is OP, Rocky is no slouch, and Kat and Tanya are probably the most capable women in the series. Helps that the sentai is a military team which makes everyone look sharp in the costume footage.

I always said the reason we probably see more of Tommy in MMPR Green is because it’s the powerset he’s likely the most used to.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When did theyvrefer to Minh as they?
In the beginning. Zack briefly uses They/Them pronouns to refer to Minh when he and Billy are about to tell her about Trini's death, but for the rest of the special he and everyone else uses She/Her.

Last edited: