Fat nikka tryna get in shape....come school me on this gym life brehs

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
just dropping the liquid calories initially and say drink water instead, you will lose a lot of weight. (obviously exercising at the same time). As you get closer to your "normal" weight it gets harder to drop those extra pounds and will require more math. But all that counting calorie shyt, personally I've never done it.

At one point I was a muscular 170 then got reckless with the drinking one summer (mostly beer and lime-a-ritas - high sugar and calories) and shot to 190 (fat ass with muscle underneath). I stopped drinking altogether and dropped the 20lbs in 5 weeks. I'm at solid 180 now after a bulk. All muscle.

sugar addiction will be hard to come off of. You gonna have to slowly taper that off to be successful. Just change the fried shyt to baked or grilled and ya be good. Foreman grill is GOAT, get one when you can.

mtu wa chuma

archangel of terror
Supporter
Daps
honestly…all of the answers are already on here.
Just read around (there have been several threads like this).

and watch youtube channels like Chris Jones

This dude is fukking annoying. Nikka get to the fukking point :what:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
someone once told me, gym is only like 20% of the work, the other 80% is diet.

for someone overweight like u, honestly u gotta be very disciplined with ur diet and counting calories. u gotta be at a pretty big calorie deficit daily, and u will see the weight come off.

combine dthat wid dong light weights/cardio 3-5x a week regularly.

but real talk bruh, u gotta jus count calories and limit what you eat. if you a regular drinker, its gon b damn near impossible.

like i said, its about discipline and sacrifice.
someone once told me, gym is only like 20% of the work, the other 80% is diet.

for someone overweight like u, honestly u gotta be very disciplined with ur diet and counting calories. u gotta be at a pretty big calorie deficit daily, and u will see the weight come off.

combine dthat wid dong light weights/cardio 3-5x a week regularly.

but real talk bruh, u gotta jus count calories and limit what you eat. if you a regular drinker, its gon b damn near impossible.

like i said, its about discipline and sacrifice.
He might not have to be in a huge deficit depending on his size. The bigger he is the easier the initial loss can be.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
do any of you guys drink or have an opinion on the ingredients these carbonated bai5 drinks? Saw them in the grocery store this weekend and copped a few to try out

Ingredients in this one I'm drinking now: carbonated water, Sweetner blend that is a mix of eryhritol and organic stevia extract, citric acid, coconut water concentrate, potassium citrate, abscorbic acid, white tea extract, organic coffeefruit extract, sea salt

5 calories, 40 mg sodium, 210 mg Potassium, 11 g Total Carbs, 1 g sugar & 10 g Erythritol

waikiki-coconut.png

In short does it look like something relatively healthy to drink when craving a sweet beverage?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
do any of you guys drink or have an opinion on the ingredients these carbonated bai5 drinks? Saw them in the grocery store this weekend and copped a few to try out

Ingredients in this one I'm drinking now: carbonated water, Sweetner blend that is a mix of eryhritol and organic stevia extract, citric acid, coconut water concentrate, potassium citrate, abscorbic acid, white tea extract, organic coffeefruit extract, sea salt

5 calories, 40 mg sodium, 210 mg Potassium, 11 g Total Carbs, 1 g sugar & 10 g Erythritol

waikiki-coconut.png

In short does it look like something relatively healthy to drink when craving a sweet beverage?

Short Answer: They seem fine

Depends on what you mean by health. If you mean losing weight this seems like an option to help you curb the liquid calories. If you mean optimal health its difficult to say. The poison is in the dose, most things you consume are going to make you drop dead. The frequency of consumption is ,more the issue. That's discounting allergies and food intolerance. of course.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Short Answer: They seem fine

Depends on what you mean by health. If you mean losing weight this seems like an option to help you curb the liquid calories. If you mean optimal health its difficult to say. The poison is in the dose, most things you consume are going to make you drop dead. The frequency of consumption is ,more the issue. That's discounting allergies and food intolerance. of course.

For me I'm trying to put on weight so I was just looking for the occasional sweet drink to have in place of a soda or juice. I was going to recommend it to a friend of mine trying to lose weight as a means of curbing the liquid calories as you said. I guess moderation is going to be the most important thing regardless.

Big Skilly Films

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fam stop drinking soda and eating rice...watch the weight dissapear easily while you do cardio...70% of how someone looks is there diet (what you eat)...once you realize that you will see results...its hard but worth it...

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
if i were you i would

1. completely cut out any other liquid drinks besides water. You can have milk for your one bowl of cheerios in the morning (no sugar cereals)
2. cut out fast food. you are a allowed 1 cheat day during the weekends to be realistic. but you have to go to the gym and do some cardio that day before you earn it.
3. cut down on bread and pasta. if you must eat wheat
4. try to do a T25 type program in the mornings before you go to class. you look ridiculous doing them things but you alone :yeshrug:
5. don't even look at the scale for the first few months. you might get discouraged. but trust you'll be able to tell your progress based on your endurance, the way your clothes fit and most importantly how you feel about your self

good luck

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
This is what you need to do......

Change your daily diet.... For breakfast, no greasy foods(at all.... if ever). Hot/Cold Cereal or Fruit with water should be standard. For lunch... stick to salads(fruit and veggie) or cold dishes(like cold cuts..... Lmao.... or chicken/ham salad sandwiches) with either water or a pure fruit juice.. For dinner, you can eat whatever you wish but make sure you have at least one vegetable(2 would be great)and nothing is cooked in grease or flour. The motivation is to reduce the amount of fried and processed foods consumed daily between breakfast and lunch. Another tip is to reduce your carb intake(especially breads and pastas.... keep simple carbs like rice and potatoes) until your metabolism is in overdrive(when you're starving during the day). The best time to workout is after work when the body is still wound up and the best time to eat is after a workout.

Keep your exercise regimen to low impact exercises(walking is free.... if you want to go the gym route, the treadmill, and my fav, the elliptical) for at least an hour per day.

I'll assume that you're more than 100 lbs overweight. In 2 months, your metabolism will be over 9000 and your be ready to start the real shyt. In 6-12 months, you'll be right.

Eta..... NO ENERGY DRINKS!!!!!

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ight good looking out bro :salute: going to hit the gym tomorrow for the first time :wow:

For a novice just looking to lose weight, you will see results if you stick to it.

Lifting + cardio + eating better for novice will result in dramatic recomposition.

Only thing you should be drinking is water. No soda, no juice, just water.

When you go in the gym focus on cardio and try to focus on compound movements that are engaging a bunch of muscle groups. You can do whatever you want, but I reccomend this because it will save you the most time and it will be the most efficient

Pull-ups (i know these are going to be tough for you but if your gym has assisted ones, try them), dips (again, these may be tough), bench (with a barbell or dumbbells), squat, deadlift, over head press with a bar ball or dumbell.

Lift heavy 2-3 times a week with a solid full body routine, mix in cardio, get enough sleep, eat foods rich in macronutrients and low in cals and you'll look dramatically different in about 6-8 months.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
@mlk17

I was 307lbs when I started breh..man boobs, close to hitting 46inches in my waist..its not impossible...everyone pretty much said what i wanted to say...but remember this:

The most important thing to losing weight and getting a decent physique is what do you outside of the gym...how you eat, drink and sleep are key to getting the results you want. If you cant get that down, there's no point in killing yourself hitting the weights.

my High School pics are here and I got even bigger before I started lifting: --->>> http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11867744/

One of the QUICKEST and EASIEST ways I dropped a chuck of weight when I started was cutting out the liquid calories...all that soda and "juice" contributed a lot of pounds to my frame.

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
@mlk17

I was 307lbs when I started breh..man boobs, close to hitting 46inches in my waist..its not impossible...everyone pretty much said what i wanted to say...but remember this:

The most important thing to losing weight and getting a decent physique is what do you outside of the gym...how you eat, drink and sleep are key to getting the results you want. If you cant get that down, there's no point in killing yourself hitting the weights.

my High School pics are here and I got even bigger before I started lifting: --->>> http://www.thecoli.com/posts/11867744/

One of the QUICKEST and EASIEST ways I dropped a chuck of weight when I started was cutting out the liquid calories...all that soda and "juice" contributed a lot of pounds to my frame.

i just peeped your pics u slimmed down/bulked up nice breh :salute: to that....man when i start hitting the gym soon am gonna go harder than a motherfukker....the shyt you said about what you do outside the gym is the truth...i did really let myself go a while back...wasnt sleeping AT ALL, eating fukking terribly :smh: i aint shyt

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
i just peeped your pics u slimmed down/bulked up nice breh :salute: to that....man when i start hitting the gym soon am gonna go harder than a motherfukker....the shyt you said about what you do outside the gym is the truth...i did really let myself go a while back...wasnt sleeping AT ALL, eating fukking terribly :smh: i aint shyt
Lol thanks fam. Good luck.

Ski Mask

Friendzone: Collection 1
Daps
Reppin
Vegas/seattle
Myfitnesspal has helped/is helping me out a lot. I dropped 92 pounds in 6 months(was 268 in september). Help scaled back my bad eating habbits(even thou I still eat at mcdonald's once a day.). Once I reach my goal(17 pounds left to go) and I get a better job, I'm going to start going to the gym so I can bulk up a little.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I agree with cutting liquid calories. Best thing you can do and it saves you money too. I think it was in the cutting thread that I learned about its benefits. Check that thread out. Don't try to go too hard at first. Cut the fast food and sodas out, work out a few times a week to get a routine established, and build from there. I'm not as big as you or others in here but I lost weight once I started eliminating those v8 splash juices and Arizona's out of my regular diet. Sodas just make you feel bloated and are unhealthy also. Stay focused and you'll get there.