Fasting Health Thread

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I've been doing 16:8 for a couple weeks now, I don't really feel like it's doing anything. stop eating at 2 or 3 every day. I'm planning to do 72 hours I just need to find the right time

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Fasting makes you appreciate TIME too:russ:

Intermittent fasting... Wake up, jog and a gang of things and it's still only 9am, a whole 3 hours before you break your fast :sadcam:

The best way to do intermittent fasting is to train the 2-3 hours leading up to braking your fast.
I don't think it's possible to do it properly if you work a 9-5,which in reality is a 6am to 6pm for most people when you factor in prepping and travel.

A slave job will wreck your mental health, body, your dietary discipline and spirit.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
its time to go full 48 hours again i been bs'n
i did 24 last week and do i.f. all the time its time for a full cleanse
i don't think i can do 72 with my workout regimen and the amount i do for work in healthcare

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
its time to go full 48 hours again i been bs'n
i did 24 last week and do i.f. all the time its time for a full cleanse
i don't think i can do 72 with my workout regimen and the amount i do for work in healthcare

In my experience any gains occur after 72 hours. The first 48 hours are hard.

When I get back into my fasting rhythms I like to take a large nutritious meal between fasting periods and that helps a lot more than a 1-2 day refeeding period.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Been doing dikk Gregory’s water fast on the weekends for the past two months.

Got me back down to my weight for my height and age really quick.

Not a big eater anymore but I found fasting like that really helped me avoid eating for the sake of sometimes…

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Been doing dikk Gregory’s water fast on the weekends for the past two months.

Got me back down to my weight for my height and age really quick.

Not a big eater anymore but I found fasting like that really helped me avoid eating for the sake of sometimes…
Where are you know vs where you started ?

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Pulled a 20 hour dry fast yesterday. Gonna go for 24 hours today but after that it's back to a regular schedule of eating for a while.

A lot of folks think fasting is for weight loss only. LOL

If you grew up in any church you heard about fasting even though many probably didn't practice it. Muslims tend to be way more prone to put it into practice than Christians.

For me it's to give my pancreas a break. Your organs need a break just like anything else. Let them have one from time to time they'll function better! And it also teaches me a little bit of discipline.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I've been doing intermittent fasting for years....I drink a lot of water until lunch and a coffee on the wake up......getting older now and it feels good.....at first it was tuff but its the way :wow:

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I've been doing intermittent fasting for years....I drink a lot of water until lunch and a coffee on the wake up......getting older now and it feels good.....at first it was tuff but its the way :wow:
This is what I'm on today had a big Ass coffee and just sipping water. Not hungry at all

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Unless you're trying to lose weight or doing it for religious reasons, I don't see the point :patrice:

Generally I don't eat until like 3-4pm on most days anyway, so I guess that's intermittent fasting in a way, but I'm not on an intentional fast so much as I'm a late eater and don't really have an appetite early.