Fasting Health Thread

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I mean, you don’t eat, so you lost weight? What’s the revelation :heh: nothing wrong with some intermittent fasting, I haven’t ate breakfast in like 15 years, but days without food is just idiotic.

Theres historical and religious precedent for long term fasting, along with the noble being award to someone proving how and why the body can sustain without food divorced from the calorie in/calorie out narrative, and so can you elaborate on why you think going days without food is idiotic?

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
Theres historical and religious precedent for long term fasting, along with the noble being award to someone proving how and why the body can sustain without food divorced from the calorie in/calorie out narrative, and so can you elaborate on why you think going days without food is idiotic?
Historical precedent? People “fasted” because they had to hunt their prey and legit didn’t know when their next meal would be. It wasn’t due to health reasons. If it was beneficial to go days without food, that would be the norm. It’s not, because it’s not

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
I’ve been unintentionally fasting because of my job schedule...I gotta eat tho because my work is way too physical

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Historical precedent? People “fasted” because they had to hunt their prey and legit didn’t know when their next meal would be. It wasn’t due to health reasons. If it was beneficial to go days without food, that would be the norm. It’s not, because it’s not
I mean, we know it's beneficial to exercise on a regular basis, and yet most people still don't do it. Just saying :manny:

robbyfine

Rookie
Bushed
Daps
I personally do IF - 16:8 most days, sometimes a longer daily fast. I really like it and feel like I actually have control over my eating habits now! Food no longer controls me.

I eat from 11 am - 7 pm most days, but it did take me a couple of months to work my way into that schedule. I started with fasting simply for 10 hours, then 12, then 14 and finally 16 + hours.

It's a really flexible lifestyle, and there are no IF police to come knocking on my door and tell me I'm doing it wrong if life happens and I only make it 15 hours one day.

I highly recommend intermittent fasting!

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Yall working out while fasting? :patrice:

I don't see how you can do both