Fascinating MJ/Kobe/Bron Comparison

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's a novel idea....he spent years doing it and got good at it. Its not rocket science my man. If you add something to your game, why stop doing it? Look, you all don't have to act remedial just to defend Bron. Bosh 3pa went up and rebs went down each year playing with Bron. And that's a direct correlation of getting outta Bron's way and letting him play Bron-ball.
:mjlol::mjlol: what an embarrassing response.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
ahh the beauty of analytics cherry picking stats to prove ones point
When you understand basketball and aren't a biased fakkit, the stats don't lie. They are the records of what actually happened in games and they confirm what you what you already know.

You only have to resort to cherry picking if you're trying to place Kobe into a discussion of Jordan and LeBron.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
While everybody was sucking Bron off during the 2015 Finals, I saw heavy shades of:flabbynsick: in his game.

I was looking beyond the high volume statistics that series.At that time, I predicted he'd fall off within 2 years.

Instead, this dude went up.Truly fukking remarkable.Nobody wants to go there, but really, is this shyt natural?:lupe:
Na brehs the shade you were seeing was Draymond Green/Bogut shading Bron on Igouloda defended Isos. No one is scoring efficiently in this situation. :russ:.

Bron in Miami is a scary site if you're following me :lupe:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
These stats can be interpreted in many different ways and in many ways don't paint the full picture..

That said, it's quite obvious to anybody with half a basketball brain what the G.O.A.T. top 3 looks like

1. MJ: you simply can NOT argue with 6 Finals, 6 Rings and as many Finals MVP awards
2. Kobe: you simply can NOT argue that 5 Rings and how he became the player who carried the NBA AFTER MJ left
3. LeBron: (WORK IN PROGRESS) people forget this.. he is not done, if he wins 3 rings in his next 5 years... he's #2 - easily the most COMPLETE player

Numbers ultimately don't lie.

One thing that is absolutely clear, only LeBron can be mentioned in the same vein as MJ - there is no other active player that we can say the same thing about (and definitely not one that is on the Warriors roster - if you argue this and your not GOAT Spokesmen.. you are genuinely ready for mental help

I witnessed MJ's reign, I've witnessed Kobe's Mamba reign and LeBron James' reign... there is no discussion: MJ was the greatest of all time
10 finals appearances 6 finals wins. 14 conference finals. 6Mvps

How is lebron ranked higher than that?how is Kobe? How is Jordan? :hhh:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only people who hate analytics are the ones who think advanced metrics exist to confirm their visual biases. So when a stat tells a story that shatters their biased views, they dismiss it as cherry picking, useless, or insert a variety of "stats nerds" insults.

That's not how this works.

The numbers are merely a record of what has happened. Virtually the only critique you can make about any stats analysis is that perhaps a particular stat may be incomplete. And that's a legitimate point to make. No single stat will ever encompass a player's career/season/game. But a series of stats, taken together to tell a more complete story is always going to be more accurate than a single stat, or whatever biased opinions that come out of some "eye test".

There isn't a stat on earth, in any sport, on any level that is created with the intent to favor one player over another.
Frankly, what you find is that when a player rates highly in 1 advanced metric, he rates highly in basically all similar metrics. And vice versa.

If you can't understand why these advanced analytics are a more accurate representation of a player's value and greatness than something like "Finals record", then you're just too stupid or ignorant to even have this conversation.