Fascinating MJ/Kobe/Bron Comparison

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly.

I could care less about this thread tbh.

Honestly, I woke up this morning thinking how some of JayZ’s (and by extension a lot of braggadocio rap) haven’t aged all that well and your numbers line prompted me to reply.
That’s not the point I was making about a vacuum tho. But I think we’ve said our piece.

:yeshrug:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
And this is at the heart of the issue.
You’re too stupid to understand what these metrics mean. Or you are too lazy to look them up.

“Overcomplexified”

Here’s what TPA is, dumb ass.

TPA Model | NBA Math

The concept of total points added (TPA), isn’t particularly complicated. We’re looking at both defensive and offensive effectiveness on a per-possession basis while also incorporating the amount of playing time the contributor in question receives.

At the heart of the theory is this comparison between two hypothetical players:

• Player A makes an average team 5 points better per 100 possessions than an average player would in his spot, and he plays 500 possessions.
  • Player B makes an average team 10 points better per 100 possessions than an average player would in his spot, and he plays 250 possessions.
Player B is more effective on a per-possession basis—twice as effective, in fact. But Player A spends twice as much time on the court. Theoretically, they should have identical values, as they would both add 25 points to an average team.

As such, the formula for TPA is rather simple. It’s broken down into two parts—offensive points added (OPA) and defensive points saved (DPS)—and each is calculated in the same vein.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT.. YOUR PUNKASS FELL FOR THE OKEYDOKE. A FORMULA THAT TOLD US MJ WAS AT HIS PEAK IN 1988 LMAO. LIKE WHAT KIND OF NERD SITS THERE AND APPLIES TPA TO A BASKETBALL GAME? AND EVEN MORE EMBARASSING, WHAT KIND OF IDIOT BELIEVES IT? WE HAVE OUR ANSWER RIGHT HERE.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
AND THERE YOU HAVE IT.. YOUR PUNKASS FELL FOR THE OKEYDOKE. A FORMULA THAT TOLD US MJ WAS AT HIS PEAK IN 1988 LMAO. LIKE WHAT KIND OF NERD SITS THERE AND APPLIES TPA TO A BASKETBALL GAME? AND EVEN MORE EMBARASSING, WHAT KIND OF IDIOT BELIEVES IT? WE HAVE OUR ANSWER RIGHT HERE.
Lol.
You must be some kind of GED student.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
ARE U RETARDED? NAAH, SERIOUSLY BRO.. KOBES GAME NEVER EVOLVED?? COMIN FROM A LEBRON FAN??? LMFFFFAO

KOBE WAS LITERALLY KNOWN FOR COMIN IN EACH SEASON WIT SOMETHIN NEW ADDED TO HIS ARSENAL. HE WOULD SPEND THE OFFSEASON WIT DIFF LEGENDS AND STUDY THEM, INCORPORATING PARTS OF THEIR GAME INTO HIS. U ARE THE EPITOME OF A CASUAL FAM.
Yes he added to his arsenal. Ugly tattoos in the offseason, lower fg % to go along with the same low IQ

3.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

His IQ is so low his teammates have said he said this to him "Kobe will tell you. He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that.'"

20 years in the league and he has to be TOLD his teammates are open?

:laff:

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
Yes he added to his arsenal. Ugly tattoos in the offseason, lower fg % to go along with the same low IQ

3.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

His IQ is so low his teammates have said he said this to him "Kobe will tell you. He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that.'"

Always wanna talk efficiency until final records come into play huh? :francis:

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
FOR THOSE OF U WHO WATCH LAKER BROADCASTS, U CAN ALWAYS HEAR BILL MACDONALD BRING UP SOME WEIRDO STAT, FOLLOWED BY STU LEGIT GETTIN FRUSTRATED, SAYIN SOME SHIIT LIKE “I DONT CARE ABOUT MADE UP STATS..I CARE WHAT I SEE ON THE COURT, STOP WIT THAT NONSENSE BOY”..IF U DONT KNOW BY NOW, BILL IS SOME FAT UNATHLETIC NERD WHO NEVER PLAYED SPORTS, AND STU IS A FORMER NBA PLAYER .. ITS ALWAYS THE CASE.

This is completely false. Stu disagrees with everything Bill says by rule.

Stu is actually obsessed with stats and has his own made up stats that he cites all the time.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES

3.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

LMFAOOOO @ THE NOTION OF KOBE HAVING A LOW BASKETBALL IQ

THIS SITE NEVER CEASES TO AMAZE ME

Basketball IQ: How Bird, MJ & Kobe STUDY The Game | Basketball Training | Basketball Drills | Basketball Workouts | Elite Guard Training

Kobe Bryant shows off basketball IQ, gives expert breakdown of Warriors' offense (VIDEO)

15 NBA Players with the Highest Basketball I.Q.

http://www.basketballforum.com/nba-...yer-highest-basketball-iq.html#/topics/435668

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/nbas-10-smartest-players/4/

YOU LITERALLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
This is completely false. Stu disagrees with everything Bill says by rule.

Stu is actually obsessed with stats and has his own made up stats that he cites all the time.

I KNOW YOU WATCH EVERY LAKER GAME, SO U KNOW STU HATES STATS WIT A PASSION .... STU LITERALLY NEVER CITES STATS, STOP MAKING STUFF UP SMH.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I KNOW YOU WATCH EVERY LAKER GAME, SO U KNOW STU HATES STATS WIT A PASSION .... STU LITERALLY NEVER CITES STATS, STOP MAKING STUFF UP SMH.
If he hates stats, why does he always say he wants a player to get an assist when a pass leads to a foul? Why does he wants a player to be rewarded with points when they make a defensive play that leads to an easy basket for their team? Why does he always measure efficiency by dividing points by field goal attempts? Why does he always say how a player has 15 points in only 12 minutes? Do I need to go on?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Always wanna talk efficiency until final records come into play huh? :francis:
Kobe has twice as many finals games shooting 33% or worse as he does shooting 50% or better. Aside from Boston the best team he saw in the finals had a starting back court of Courtney lee and Raefor Alston. He was the lakers best player in just one finals series he played in, maybe two.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
If he hates stats, why does he always say he wants a player to get an assist when a pass leads to a foul? Why does he wants a player to be rewarded with points when they make a defensive play that leads to an easy basket for their team? Why does he always measure efficiency by dividing points by field goal attempts? Why does he always say how a player has 15 points in only 12 minutes? Do I need to go on?

THATS EXACTLY MY FUCCIN POINT LOLLLL HE HATES STATS BECAUSE THEY DONT TELL THE FULL STORY AND CONFUSE CASUAL BASKETBALL FANS LIKE U .. THATS WHY HE’S CONSTANTLY BRINGING UP STATS THAT DONT GET RECORDED AND STATS WITHIN A TIMEFRAME. WHEN BILL TALKS ABOUT ADVANCED STATS AND ANALYTICS, HE STARTS SHAKING HIS HEAD IN DISGUST.