Fargo Season 5

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
A man returns from work to watch the season finale of Fargo. A man turns off his TV satisfied :wow:

Once the main conflict resolved itself quickly, I was wondering how the rest of the episode would play out with so much runtime. But I have to say that final scene was so well done. And played out nicely with the overall theme of debt.

Juno Temple was great all season. A lot of compassion in those eyes.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
So this the first season that has no connections to the previous ones right ? Unless they were hidden.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Vanity Fair interview with Hawley

In that final episode, Lamorne Morris’s deputy Witt Far goes into a cave and confronts Jon Hamm’s brutal Roy Tillman. I was assuring my wife: “Don’t worry. It's a tenet of
Fargo that if you're pure of heart, and you do the brave, good thing, you will survive. I think he's going to be okay."
Right. Yeah, yeah.

I was very wrong. Why did you feel he had to die?
It's a good question of why he had to. The audience knows in the moment that [Dot] doesn't finish him off, that something terrible is going to happen. So what I chose emotionally was to play the tragedy. Roy gets away. We know the moment the villain escapes that someone is going to die.
I was in denial about it.

The reality is, he had the opportunity. They were alone in this cave. He turned around. [Tillman] had a knife. Probably he should have just shot him then and there. But he was committed to the concept of justice, of putting the handcuffs on him and taking him in. He wasn't having the same fight as Jon Hamm. I think we are all finding ourselves in that moment of like, "Okay, well if one side's going to fight dirty, and the other side is going to always follow the rules, how's that going to end?"

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps
Ending was dope. Managed to keep it engaging even after the situation with Roy played out. Knew people would come in with the they did a brother dirty and of course I hated that he got killed but sometimes favorites get killed for the reaction it causes. It was the last terrible deed by Roy to really make the audience revel in what happens to him.

Roy is in for a fully deserved world of hurt. Great final shot of him actually showing fear.

Really likes the resolution with Moonk. Fantastic acting and building of suspense with it being solved not by violence but being human. Hamm, Leigh and Juno deserve award consideration.

Sad it’s gone for another few years.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
All I wanted from Hawley was a return to form and I thought this was a great bounce back from the previous season, which to me had moments of brilliance but ultimately suffered from juggling way too many characters. Just felt like there was better flow here between the cast and writing. I see ‘No Country for Old Men’ being mentioned, but I also felt some influences from ‘A History of Violence’ in the story.

Juno was fantastic. Keery impressed me too. But after watching Temple being wasted away in ‘Ted Lasso’ last year, I’m glad somebody decided to bring her in and showcase her talents to the fullest. Hamm and JJL did their thing as well, but it’s Hamm and JJL. I know those two will always bring it with whichever role. Didn’t really know what ‘Fargo’ had in store for Juno until that “Aha” moment in the pilot, and the journey since then has been well worth the watch.

Finale was messy, but it worked. This was a messy ass season (in a good way). I loved everything about it minus what happened to my guy Whit. Seeing the fear on Roy’s face when he grabbed that pack of cigarettes was one of the most satisfying moments in the entire show. His fate is deservedly much worse than a matter-of-fact gunshot to the head.

Watching Dot try to find common ground with Munch at the end wrapped those themes of trauma and debt in a bow nicely. Sure, a big shootout set-piece between them at that point would’ve packed some heat and fulfilled the action quota, but it would’ve also been cliché and dumb as hell. Glad Noah didn’t go in that direction.

My season rankings: 2 > 1 > 3 > 5 > 4

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Vanity Fair interview with Hawley

It’s perfectly in line with his character and I still hate it for the brotha. He lasted way longer in the show than I expected him to though. Mans was practically begging to die back at the gas station shootout with how sloppy he was moving.

Thought it would be those two goofball FBI agents winding up in some mess and getting the axe instead, but I guess that would’ve been too similar to the first season.