Fargo Season 5

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
He might be typecast, like Kevin Hart.

But if you go through that Fargo reddit on S4, it ain't Chris's acting chops.
Many people thought schwartzman was miscast as well in that season

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Or maybe because Chris Rock was one of the worst miscastings in recent memory

I don't think he was bad.. I think thwre was one scene were I was kind of iffy on his facial expression. But thats bc I have 30 yrs of comedic Rock embedded in my brain.

And the rest of the cast was very good.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Season 4 felt overstuffed with moments of greatness sprinkled in here and there. That tornado episode with the Rabbi and Buckley’s performance are on my apex mountain.

Schwartzman and Rock weren’t winning Emmys or anything with their performances but I thought they did fine portraying two shaky characters. Not shocked at the critiques though. The pacing was super uneven throughout the season, and in turn made it hard for me to care about most of the characters they introduced by the end. As tired as I am with hearing COVID being the end-all-be-all excuse for bad storytelling, I do think it’s a valid one here. Hawley has bounced back.

There was 20 minutes or so of the latest finale left by the time we time-jumped and saw Dorothy getting back home with Scotty. I was shook. Legit thought she was gonna slip on a piece of ice in the kitchen and break her neck or some shyt. Gaetano’s fate still sitting with me years later. :bryan:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I feel like Lorraine = Clinton

and Roy = Trump

Huh? Mrs Lyon is constantly saying over and over again they she believes SHE controls Trump.
She sees herself as someone with direct power over him. Before the FBI raid, she makes a call to get "The Orange Idiot" on the line to specifically go after Roy.
In the finale, she tells Roy that she's the largest or 2nd largest contributor to the Federalist Society, which she believes gives her control over the Supreme Court and the president. If she's a "Clinton", then she's a Clinton who believes herself to be the true master of the MAGA universe.

Roy is actually someone beyond Trump. He doesn't really believe in 'Making America Great Again', because he basically sees himself as the warlord of his own personal little kingdom. He's anti ALL government at a level higher than his own county, even "Trump's America".

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I enjoyed the final episode and the season a lot :ehh:

I wasn't surprised that the shootout was anything but that, because c'mon now. Witt going out dumb and sad was disappointing but expected. I definitely didn't see almost half of the finale being Munch helping make biscuits.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I enjoyed this season, even if it was overshot.

That said, it’s a major upgrade from season 4. I don’t think I even watched the finale :francis:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The season finale falling short made me drop this season below 3.
true, I don’t think Jason or Chris were the problem with that season, tho. It suffered the most from being too crowded with far too many characters and hardly any of them got enough screen time to breathe.