Fargo - Season 3 (Official Thread)

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
this season had some highlights but overall never got out of 1st gear. neither Stussy brother were that compelling, and Carrie c00n was wasted imo. Varga and his crew were dull villains compared to Malvo,Milligan,The Gerghardts, and even Lester. Mary Elizabeth Winstead and the return of Mr. Wrench were the only reasons I finished the season.

Last edited:

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
While season 3 isn't on the same level as seasons 1 and 2 this season was fantastic, a great slow burn with only one subpar ep. Fargo is now officially in my top 10 TV shows of all time.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I finished this up this past week and I enjoyed it.

This was the first one that they focused on white collar crime/criminals. It wasn't as gangster as the previous seasons, but it played out great and it stayed true to what I look for out of Fargo. One of the things that I love about this show is how they leave you with so many memorable moments whether it's in the dialog or in the cinematography.

"The problem isn't that there's evil in the world, the problem is that there's good... because otherwise who would care?" - Varga
:wow:

This line was so perfect for what Emmit's conscientious was telling him when he tried to confess. Varga always had some quotes for every situation, dope ass writing.

And while this show didn't really highlight Varga's goons as much as the previous seasons... they still had a great balance of action/violence that was brilliant. The Nikki Bus crash scene and the chase after with the mute dude in the woods was so cold. The wolf masks, the crossbow scene, dude getting decapitated with prison chains, the ambush on Varga's crew in that warehouse was chilling, Nikki's fate, Emmit's fate....

:whew: :whoo:

shyt was LIT and I just fukk with the style of how the piece everything together and tie every thing up.

I thought the ending was perfect also. Fargo's always been about karma so to speak... but there's always been that element of a lack of satisfaction/closure for the most righteous character on the show. It's been there in every season, and this one wasn't any different. They sprinkle in a reason for that good guy not to be at peace at the end of the show. We don't know if Varga gets out of that cell or not... but that's the beauty of the show. And with it being an anthropology they can give us an easter egg later on that lets us know indirectly what happened.

Awesome series, no weak seasons IMO.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Was that hug scene between the 2 women cops like a head nod to The Leftovers?
:heh:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Brehs... I'm probably in the small group of viewers that believes Season 3 of Fargo might have been the best one.

Essentially, the most powerful thing about the direction of the show was that the story writers actually had the audacity to blatantly push their agenda. I say that in the most respectful way possible. While other shows do terrible jobs at trying to camouflage the theme or by trying to be too cute with the message, Fargo Season 3 was cocky enough to say "this is what life is about and there is something spiritual about the trials and tribulations we, as humans, go through."

Never has it been more evident in a Season of Fargo that our life is a pool table w/ the pool balls of chaos constantly rolling around you, passed you, and sometimes right fukking into you. When those moments of chaos or evil literally inches away from sinking its teeth into you, that is the moment you have to decide what is your role in this fukked up cosmic good vs. evil game of who's who?.

All 3 seasons have shown goodness prevailing after a long, drawn out collision between good, chaos, and evil. What made this season special was the fact that we see the difference between how those who seem to have an evil inclination and those who, deep down inside, are good people view the world and purpose of life.

V.M Vargo clearly believed the only thing that mattered was materialism and place on the human totem pole of power & hierarchy - a perverse view of class structure and his hints at being a Nazi sympathizer corroborated his social Darwinism that guided his tornado of chaos and evil. In a way, outside of any after life or spirituality, he was sadly correct - indicated by the fact that he was so connected and untouchable that we can expect him to live up to the promise to Burgle of being released even after being caught by the Department of Homeland Security.

The flip side was the Angel in the bowling alley who enlightened Nikki gave the overarching message of this season. Human life is filled with tragedy, filled with the ramifications of the evil and oppressive actions of others, but there is a purpose and a sort of cosmic/spiritual structure that will reward the good and the evil will get their reprimand/punishment possibly in this life but DEFINITELY in the next.

---------------------------------------------------

Regarding that last conversation between Vargo & Burgle, specifically, think about the convo -

The message was that Vargo was probably right that he's going to be saved and released. We are supposed to realize that it doesn't matter, because just like the Angel showed Yuri, Vargo's henchman, those souls that have been victimized will get justice in the next life, even if, in this life, an evil person avoids punishment.

Such an amazing piece of art and philosophy this show is. :wow:

Agree completely.

Not only my favorite season, but the episode a lot of people seem to hate is probably my favorite Episode of the serieus (one with the cartoon) :yeshrug:

That was some next level shyt.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Are yall watching Ozark?

It almost feels like a season 4 of Fargo.

Great writing, albeit not as great as Fargo.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I heavily slept on season 3....watched the first ep when it aired but got behind from episode 2 onward.

I honestly don't get the complaints....I thought this season was dope as fukk. And while there was individual elements of season 1 and 2 that were stronger, I think this was over all the best season.

Fred.

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
I heavily slept on season 3....watched the first ep when it aired but got behind from episode 2 onward.

I honestly don't get the complaints....I thought this season was dope as fukk. And while there was individual elements of season 1 and 2 that were stronger, I think this was over all the best season.

Fred.
This season sucked plain and simple. Looking at 1 and 2 it's a disappointment

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC

Fred.
I couldn't get past the first episode. shyt was ruff to get through.