Fargo - Season 3 (Official Thread)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
With the exception of a couple moments this season was basura and I'm glad it's over.:russell:
I've had 7 shows going at once since April started. I'm glad they're all over.

Well Silicon Valley ends tomorrow but it's only 30 min

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
First and Second season were bomb. Third season has some good acting and a few of the episode had good writing, but overall it was a weak season I think.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
The weakest of the series so far but they still had great moments and great acting. Maybe the plot wasn't as fleshed out but Varga was a great villain, Nicki was a good femme fatale, the stussy were aight. It had some potential but fell flat.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
In any other show, that would be a "cliffhanger". But since this is sort of an "anthology" show where the seasons are only really connected by Easter eggs, we'll probably never know what happened in 5 minutes :lupe:
which is the entire point

Another fantastic season

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Brehs... I'm probably in the small group of viewers that believes Season 3 of Fargo might have been the best one.

Essentially, the most powerful thing about the direction of the show was that the story writers actually had the audacity to blatantly push their agenda. I say that in the most respectful way possible. While other shows do terrible jobs at trying to camouflage the theme or by trying to be too cute with the message, Fargo Season 3 was cocky enough to say "this is what life is about and there is something spiritual about the trials and tribulations we, as humans, go through."

Never has it been more evident in a Season of Fargo that our life is a pool table w/ the pool balls of chaos constantly rolling around you, passed you, and sometimes right fukking into you. When those moments of chaos or evil literally inches away from sinking its teeth into you, that is the moment you have to decide what is your role in this fukked up cosmic good vs. evil game of who's who?.

All 3 seasons have shown goodness prevailing after a long, drawn out collision between good, chaos, and evil. What made this season special was the fact that we see the difference between how those who seem to have an evil inclination and those who, deep down inside, are good people view the world and purpose of life.

V.M Vargo clearly believed the only thing that mattered was materialism and place on the human totem pole of power & hierarchy - a perverse view of class structure and his hints at being a Nazi sympathizer corroborated his social Darwinism that guided his tornado of chaos and evil. In a way, outside of any after life or spirituality, he was sadly correct - indicated by the fact that he was so connected and untouchable that we can expect him to live up to the promise to Burgle of being released even after being caught by the Department of Homeland Security.

The flip side was the Angel in the bowling alley who enlightened Nikki gave the overarching message of this season. Human life is filled with tragedy, filled with the ramifications of the evil and oppressive actions of others, but there is a purpose and a sort of cosmic/spiritual structure that will reward the good and the evil will get their reprimand/punishment possibly in this life but DEFINITELY in the next.

---------------------------------------------------

Regarding that last conversation between Vargo & Burgle, specifically, think about the convo -

The message was that Vargo was probably right that he's going to be saved and released. We are supposed to realize that it doesn't matter, because just like the Angel showed Yuri, Vargo's henchman, those souls that have been victimized will get justice in the next life, even if, in this life, an evil person avoids punishment.

Such an amazing piece of art and philosophy this show is. :wow:

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Brehs... I'm probably in the small group of viewers that believes Season 3 of Fargo might have been the best one.

Essentially, the most powerful thing about the direction of the show was that the story writers actually had the audacity to blatantly push their agenda. I say that in the most respectful way possible. While other shows do terrible jobs at trying to camouflage the theme or by trying to be too cute with the message, Fargo Season 3 was cocky enough to say "this is what life is about and there is something spiritual about the trials and tribulations we, as humans, go through."

Never has it been more evident in a Season of Fargo that our life is a pool table w/ the pool balls of chaos constantly rolling around you, passed you, and sometimes right fukking into you. When those moments of chaos or evil literally inches away from sinking its teeth into you, that is the moment you have to decide what is your role in this fukked up cosmic good vs. evil game of who's who?.

All 3 seasons have shown goodness prevailing after a long, drawn out collision between good, chaos, and evil. What made this season special was the fact that we see the difference between how those who seem to have an evil inclination and those who, deep down inside, are good people view the world and purpose of life.

V.M Vargo clearly believed the only thing that mattered was materialism and place on the human totem pole of power & hierarchy - a perverse view of class structure and his hints at being a Nazi sympathizer corroborated his social Darwinism that guided his tornado of chaos and evil. In a way, outside of any after life or spirituality, he was sadly correct - indicated by the fact that he was so connected and untouchable that we can expect him to live up to the promise to Burgle of being released even after being caught by the Department of Homeland Security.

The flip side was the Angel in the bowling alley who enlightened Nikki gave the overarching message of this season. Human life is filled with tragedy, filled with the ramifications of the evil and oppressive actions of others, but there is a purpose and a sort of cosmic/spiritual structure that will reward the good and the evil will get their reprimand/punishment possibly in this life but DEFINITELY in the next.

Regarding that last conversation between Vargo & Burgle, specifically, think about the convo -

The message was that Vargo was probably right that he's going to be saved and released. We are supposed to realize that it doesn't matter, because just like the Angel showed Yuri, Vargo's henchman, those souls that have been victimized will get justice in the next life, even if, in this life, an evil person avoids punishment.

Well put breh.:salute:

I thought this season was fantastic. :ohlawd:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
It doesn't matter if Varga escapes or not because in the end he's going to get his comeuppance in this life or the next, like Yuri. And y'all saw Nikki's luck ran out as soon she diverged from the righteous path? That shyt that the old man at the bowling alley told her to recite was meant for Varga and no one else.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

So, does this mean that Nikki would have gotten to Varga, if only she didn't try to pull out a shotgun on an innocent cop?

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
So, does this mean that Nikki would have gotten to Varga, if only she didn't try to pull out a shotgun on an innocent cop?
Nah, I think she accomplished her Newfound purpose.

The tragic death of the officer indicated chaos. The sad randomness of life.

I still think she died a good soul in the context of the show.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
This season was trash. I was hyped to watch the finale but it didnt explain enough. Stussy's were wack, I still dont know wtf happened to the Siberian villian. And fukk Nikki I'm glad that bytch got hit, been waiting for her ratchet ass to die ever since Mr. Miagi was waiting in the bathroom ready to strangle her ass. bytch was foul.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps

Well said.

IMO despite being a spinoff from the movie, thematically the show closely resembles Cormac McCarthy's work, and the movie No Country For Old Men. At the surface it seems nihilistic but if you pay attention you realize there's a strong undercurrent of Catholicism and morality present.