Fargo - Season 3 (Official Thread)

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thought the tone of this was considerably darker than the first 2 which despite the abundance of violence had a good portion of humour and the endearment of the Solversons for example. Here everything is as rotten/disgusting as Varga's teeth. VM is probably my favourite villain of the series as well.

Swango!!!

jwonder

Banned
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Season Three was absolute garbage. I'm glad they got back to the Gangsta scene cuz season four is pretty good.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
1MXv.gif

Stussy! Don't do it, Stussy! Don't sign that German contract! :damn:

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been rewatching the seasons after 5 finished and, even though this season had it's detractors, I really liked it first time through, liked it more second watch through before SSN 4 and this time I was really keying in on the parallels between this season and the politics of the time to now: what is truth; what are facts; what is reality; and how technology now can easily conflagrate them. As you play off this season being made in the 2016 election cycle, you can clearly see the parallels as it's Gloria as the American Ideal vs Varga as the MAGA exploitation of that American Dream for personal profit. The promise of justice vs the century later robber barons of late stage capitalism puppeteering the show having the who will win faceoff in that last moment. (And Varga won in that instance in the real world as we've been suffering the fallout ever since.)

Such a great season of character, questions and conflict. I've only seen 4 once and liked it better than most, so I'm cautiously hoping that improves the next watch through as well. Such a tremendous series born from such a random remake of a decades old film into a tangentially related anthology show. It really shouldn't exist but is one of the best things television has done.